Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Takumi TC-1M Solid Mahogany Concert (2015) - $750 + shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Yankee View Post
    My Martin has a very warm and mellow tone.... not as bright as either of your concerts there. Mine is also shifted more towards the midrange, it seems. Maybe it’s because mine has several cracks in the top, sides, and back
    Interesting. Thanks for sharing. Yeah my Martin has 3 repaired cracks in the back and possibley one in the front (i cant tell if it's a very cleanly repaired crack or just a finish check). I cant help but wonder if they impact the sound. I had anticipated it would be warmer but ended up liking the fact that it sounds kinda like a really big really loud Martin soprano.

Anyway. Thanks again!

(Note to everyone else. The Takumi is still for sale. I have not changed my mind yet. )
    Last edited by CPG; 08-19-2019 at 08:27 AM.
    Weymann Model 10 Mahogany Soprano (c. 1918)
    David Hanson (Cripple Creek Mandolins) Mahogany Teardrop Soprano

I nearly bought that one myself. I think you should keep it. I'm with Swamp Yankee, it blows the Martin out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I nearly bought that one myself. I think you should keep it. I'm with Swamp Yankee, it blows the Martin out of the water.

Thanks Ziret. Now is your chance to regain your previously missed opportunity to buy this! Better hurry before you all convince me to change my mind! :-)

Wow, these are different. I own a Takumi concert and a Martin Style 2 Soprano. I find the Martin easier to play than the Takumi but that could just be a concert vs a soprano.

This is such a tough call. Good luck either way.
    K
    Sopranos, Concerts, and Tenors including Baritone body at a Tenor Scale - 4 String, 5 String and 8 String :-)
    For Sale: Seagull Nylon String
    For Sale: National Mahogany Resonator
    For Sale: Gold Tone Resonator

Quote Originally Posted by keenonuke View Post
    Wow, these are different. I own a Takumi concert and a Martin Style 2 Soprano. I find the Martin easier to play than the Takumi but that could just be a concert vs a soprano.

This is such a tough call. Good luck either way.
    Oh yeah you PM'd me asking me about the differences in these a couple weeks ago. Did you get my response?

Anyway, I find the Takumi slightly easier to play than the Martin but I think that's just because the Takumi has a slightly better setup. It might also just be because I've had the Takumi longer and my hands are more familiar with it.
    Last edited by CPG; 08-29-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Thread Information