NUD: Fabulous Josh Rieck Tenor Spruce/Walnut

What a beauty ! Congrats , have fun with this wonderful looking and sounding instrument.

Congrats, Ron. Looks absolutely fantastic!

As a fellow J. Rieck owner, welcome to the club.

I see you have the new body shape. Loud and balanced describes mine as well. Play it out; it deserves the attention.

That is really beautiful. Please post a sound sample when you have a chance.

Wow, that looks amazing! Nice photos, too. Not a sideways one among 'em! :)

Thanks
Josh was an absolute pleasure to work with! Great communications, a true professional.
Ron

That is really beautiful. Please post a sound sample when you have a chance.

Congratulations Ron! Would love to hear how you compare this Rieck to the other great ones you’ve had.

Thanks Hodge.
The combination of woods (Carpathian Spruce and Black Walnut) are the same as on my LFdM, so the tone is quite similar, with the Rieck with a touch more sustain and overtones. My Spruce/Kia DaSikva Hill is brighter but less warm, the Kinnard Redwood/maple is quieter and more woody. My Spruce/milo Wiemer is thinner sounding (but it’s my gig Uke with a pick up). The Moonbird is as full and warm, but not as “clean” or defined as the Rieck.
Ron

That really is fantastic looking, I love walnut and that is a primo curly piece. I was not aware Josh had a new body shape, what is the difference?

That really is fantastic looking, I love walnut and that is a primo curly piece. I was not aware Josh had a new body shape, what is the difference?

Hello all, thanks for the kind words here!

My new body shape, T2, is larger than my original tenor body by 5/8" measured along the center line and the upper bout curve is softened slightly. I've added a pic of the two of them side by side. IMG_3808.jpg

Wow, what a tasteful looking uke, it's different, without being showy. I like the look. I bet it sounds good, too.
Congrats!

Hello all, thanks for the kind words here!

My new body shape, T2, is larger than my original tenor body by 5/8" measured along the center line and the upper bout curve is softened slightly. I've added a pic of the two of them side by side. View attachment 120062

Josh thank you for the explanation and pictures, that helps alot. Welcome to the Ukulele Underground, I see this is your first post. You will be a welcomed addition to the membership here..........we are all a bunch of uke nuts :p

Sounds terrific Ron- - nice playing too-- I particularly enjoy your jungle background--

Yes my recordings would sound empty without the birds in the background .....

Top Bottom