Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NUD: Fabulous Josh Rieck Tenor Spruce/Walnut

Default NUD: Fabulous Josh Rieck Tenor Spruce/Walnut

Amazing new tenor from Josh. Sounds even better than it looks! The combination of Carpathian Spruce and black walnut is warm, loud and very balanced.

IMG_3727.jpgIMG_3729.jpgIMG_3714.jpgIMG_3723.jpgIMG_3734.jpg

https://soundcloud.com/friedman13/rieck-sample-2

https://soundcloud.com/friedman13/rieck-sample
    Last edited by eyedoc; 07-28-2019 at 11:55 AM.

What a beauty ! Congrats , have fun with this wonderful looking and sounding instrument.
    Stevens Custom Concert, M.Dupont UK100,
    Cavaquinho Concertista Rozini,

Congrats, Ron. Looks absolutely fantastic!
    More an appreciator of the ukulele than a true player. My motto is: "Don't matter how good it ring if it ain't got some bling."

Doubt is not a pleasant condition, but certainty is absurd.—Voltaire

Curious about the relative importance of tonewood vs. the luthier? See Luthiers for a Cause to learn more!

As a fellow J. Rieck owner, welcome to the club.

I see you have the new body shape. Loud and balanced describes mine as well. Play it out; it deserves the attention.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

That is really beautiful. Please post a sound sample when you have a chance.
    Kala KA-TE tenor uke (currently tuned re-entrant gCEA)
    Kala APB-CTG baritone uke (currently tuned DGBE)
    Ohana BK-35CG baritone uke (currently tuned low-octave ADF#B)
    Various guitars, banjos, and basses

Wow, that looks amazing! Nice photos, too. Not a sideways one among 'em!
    If music be the food of love, play on! -Bill Shakespeare

Thanks
    Josh was an absolute pleasure to work with! Great communications, a true professional.
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by John boy View Post
    That is really beautiful. Please post a sound sample when you have a chance.
    Congratulations Ron! Would love to hear how you compare this Rieck to the other great ones you’ve had.
    -Hodge
    Humble strummer of fine ukes.

Thanks Hodge.
    The combination of woods (Carpathian Spruce and Black Walnut) are the same as on my LFdM, so the tone is quite similar, with the Rieck with a touch more sustain and overtones. My Spruce/Kia DaSikva Hill is brighter but less warm, the Kinnard Redwood/maple is quieter and more woody. My Spruce/milo Wiemer is thinner sounding (but it’s my gig Uke with a pick up). The Moonbird is as full and warm, but not as “clean” or defined as the Rieck.
    Ron

That really is fantastic looking, I love walnut and that is a primo curly piece. I was not aware Josh had a new body shape, what is the difference?
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thread Information