Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1x02 E chord and how much I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by ukantor View Post
    1X02? I much prefer 444X.

John Colter
    These are completely different voicings. I would prefer 1X02 if I want a B on top, 444X if I want a G# on top and 140X or 4447 if I want an E on top. (I have a low G in my hands while I'm writing this.)

A ukulele can work well as a blues instrument. I play the uke for some blues tunes in a jug band with a fiddle, guitar and washboard (sometimes a trombone, banjo and mouth harp). I've used both a plugged in uke and a reso-uke without a pick-up and they work well.
    Last edited by Jim Yates; 11-11-2019 at 09:48 AM.

Same notes in reverse order. Down is up, and up is down.

John Colter.

I still don't get how you mute the X string in the two fretted E chord 1X02.
    Can someone explain in simple terms?
    Thanks Colemole

I seem to have no trouble just letting the index finger that's fretting the G string at the first fret just touch the C string enough to mute it. Try it. I don't think "fumble" is the word you're looking for, just lean the finger towards the 3rd string enough to touch it.

Guys and girls, this 1x02 is a 2 finger chord. Just first and 3rd finger to fret. When the need is to play E7 the middle finger steps in, as a fretting one, not as muting.

If you have a really flexible knuckle on 1st finger for partial barres. Able to fret 1102 C#m7 (E6) with just index and ring, then some control it needs. For me it is hard/impossible and sooner if trying to play C#m7, I will mute also E string

This is a trick fingering yes, but does not go anything against like traditional classical guitar playing rules, like keeping your thumb always behind the neck. When needed.

When first starting learning it will be a disaster if not muting the C string, less if muting also the E string. Just my index finger has the feeling when it is muting C, so works 100% times for me.
    Last edited by Jarmo_S; 11-12-2019 at 06:19 AM.

Thread Information