Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 389 - Dream On

Default Season 389 - Dream On

If you haven't watched the video, you've probably done the right thing, and not spent two minutes listening to me ramble. But now you need to know that this week is all about DREAMS - any song with "dream" in the title or lyrics, or "nightmare", or even songs which are clearly about dreams even though they don't say the word.

Originals are very welcome of course.

Ukulele must feature somewhere.

Let's start with a limit of four songs each, and see how it goes.

Here's the Playlist

The fun starts at 00:01 Hawaii time on Sunday 28th July, and runs until 23:59 Hawaii time on Sunday August 4th.

And don't forget there is still loads of time to find more gems from Vince Clark/Yazoo/Erasure/Alison Moyet for Del & Lynda's Season 388.
    Last edited by YorkSteve; 07-28-2019 at 03:54 AM.
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Nice one Steve - a dream of a theme!
    My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

... or will it be a nightmare?

Love the idea, Steve!
    Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Hmmm... I've already done three original songs with "dream" in the title for the Seasons, and two more originals that were based on dreams I had. I don't know if I've got anything left in the originals tank, but there's still plenty of untapped covers!
    Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

great theme! maybe it's time to write that homemade song about doing the maths exam i haven't studied or revised for, having to walk home without all my clothes on, and then i fall down some steps but it turns into flying........................... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe not!
    lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Excellent theme, Steve ... although, at a quick glance there seem to be far more "dream" than "nightmare" songs, which I suppose is to be expected. I can echo Lynda's nightmares about having to sit an exam I haven't studied for or falling/flying down the stairs .... do we all have the same nightmares? This week should bring up some interesting finds.
    "The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

paoriginal

Thanks Steve. Gonna be a good week!Here's one by josh Ritter I found."Nightmare".He's a good songwriter-interesting lyrics here.Little bit of multi- tracking too.Just got a blue yeti mic.

Quote Originally Posted by bird's eye view of my ukelele View Post
    great theme! maybe it's time to write that homemade song about doing the maths exam i haven't studied or revised for, having to walk home without all my clothes on, and then i fall down some steps but it turns into flying........................... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe not!
    Oh your dreams sound a bit like mine. I often find that I am still at university, and have not been to any lectures at all for a course that I had forgotten about - and the exam is next week. Also, going down steps several at a time, and falling.....But my most recurring one takes place in the shop that my family used to keep, an old building on three floors. I turn a corner and find a whole lot of other rooms that nobody knew about. What does it all mean?
    www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Busy week.So in early with another.An original. I've been listening to a podcast called Cocaine and Rhinestones-A History of Country Music.So maybe that had an influence on this strange one.In open Dm tuning.DFAD.

She dreamed up a hanging tree
    To string her Jolene high
    Disappeared on the 3:10 to Yuma
    No one steals her guy

Midnight she was a teenage queen
    In the arms of Johnny Cash
    On a rainy night in Georgia
    The Swamp Fox felt her splash

For a young city girl
    It’s hard to believe
    She only dreams in country
    Her wild geese they duck