Season 389 - Dream On

Fourteen in the first 24 hours - good going folks! If I have left anybody off the playlist, just shout.

Anyway, I'm all caught up, so time for me to throw one into the pot.

I got check out the guy in the hat right after posting this...

Fourteen in the first 24 hours - good going folks! If I have left anybody off the playlist, just shout.
https://youtu.be/E7UYbnoEO4I
Anyway, I'm all caught up, so time for me to throw one into the pot.
I was considering this one, and then at first I did not give it a go because the original key and my voice seem incompatible.
I went 1,5 step down and then this came out, here is my take on this classic:

A few weeks off for me, had a rough month and just haven't felt the music at all, which is not ideal.

Here's one by the Jam that mentions dreams in the first line but as a whole is about how out of reach dreams/aspirations seem for low-income families. I fear it's about to get a hell of a lot more relevant in the coming months and years.

Ukulele Dream Girl

I thought I'd turn up like a bad penny and bring you this one which I've been meaning to learn for a while. Thanks Steve for this week's season - lots to choose from and look forward to.

Apologies for the rubbish quality as usual. One day I'll be bothered to get the half decent camera out again.

Here is an original that popped up from somewhere. I'm not saying I don't dream, but I am saying I don't remember if I do ;).

Western swing version of "Did You Dream of Me Last Night." Faster, in 4/4, with more chord changes in the western swing style. Also used a melodica.

great theme! maybe it's time to write that homemade song about doing the maths exam i haven't studied or revised for, having to walk home without all my clothes on, and then i fall down some steps but it turns into flying........................... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm maybe not!

Richard Thompson's done a ton of dream songs. In fact, I've done a couple for previous Seasons (Waltzing's for Dreamers, To Hang a Dream On). I was thinking that Lynda's post left out the nightmare of trying to run but not being able to move, and that reminded me of this Thompson song.

Great theme Steve, thanks so much for hosting! I grew up listening to some great songwriters in Houston Texas, and though he wasn't as famous as Guy, or Townes and some of the others, Shake Russell was always one of my favorites. Ricky Skaggs took this Shake Russell song all the way to #2 in 1983. Joined by my friends Marc and Cara!

Here's another one. Kate Bush. One of the most remarkable songs ever written I think, the story behind it is fascinating. But to make such a niche subject so relatable is genius.

We interrupt this dreamy season to say that both wrap posts/videos are up now for Season 388.

Thanks - back to you Steve! :)

Dream a little dream of me

Mamas & Papas song done in the style of Vivian Stanshall.

Top Bottom