Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 389 - Dream On

Quote Originally Posted by YorkSteve View Post
    Oh your dreams sound a bit like mine. I often find that I am still at university, and have not been to any lectures at all for a course that I had forgotten about - and the exam is next week. Also, going down steps several at a time, and falling.....But my most recurring one takes place in the shop that my family used to keep, an old building on three floors. I turn a corner and find a whole lot of other rooms that nobody knew about. What does it all mean?
    oh yes i have those dreams too! loads of new rooms and passages in the flats here - or whatever builiding i'm dreaming i'm in! i could do with at least one of those extra rooms, in real life, to keep all my ukes in!!!!!!!!

here is a hawkwind song for the season, "dream worker"

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Here's a Lefty Frizzell song from 1971, he died at age only 47 in 1975. For a time in the early 50's he was as hot as Hank Williams, but could not sustain it for several reasons, both personal and professional. A dream is mentioned twice in the last verses. I worked on this song a bit a few months ago, but never recorded it. I love it cause I knew guys exactly like this, who were the age I am now, in my youth hanging around bands. I wanted to get one in quick this week, probably will be all I'll have time for.

Teeny bopper sentiments.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Blondie came to mind first for me.

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

This is a song I wrote some time ago, but have never used it here. It started out as a quick 4/4 western swing version. I decided to try and simplify it so it would be easier for my local group to play along with. So this is a slower waltz version with fewer chord changes. I'll probably try to work up the other version later.

After writing and practicing this song multiple times in D, my voice was really worn out yesterday from singing all afternoon, so I dropped it down to C to make it easier on my voice. I had to learn the solo bit all over again.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

What a day for a:
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

I'm always afraid the Irving Azoff thugs (the group that manages a lot of these SoCal bands and polices YouTube with a vengeance) will pull this and send their goons to throw me in a dungeon, but I must do this song. The Merlefest shirt is somewhat appropriate because the Waybacks performed "Full Moon Fever" as their classic album at the festival last year.

Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

Written by a thirteen year old girl!

as well as hawkwind, you can rely on marc to bring something dreamy!

"root of star"

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Hello, Steve! Ralf has already done a fab job on this one and his Debbie Harry is far more authentic than mine, but, anyway here is my version ....

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Thread Information