Season 389 - Dream On

This one is the first one I thought of when I read the discription.

I enjoy seeing everyone's vids!

Wow, 32 songs already, and its only Tuesday afternoon. Thanks everyone.

At some point last night I lost my dog in a supermarket. But when I woke up, she was on the floor next to me, so that was OK. Who knows what tonight will bring.

And did I mention there's a prize? Of course there is - and it will be a random choice from everyone who takes part, so get those entries in and the (not very) valuable prize could be yours.

Here's a sensible one this week.
With some special bonus material at the end.

These Lyrics are from an obscure U2 song called the Dream is Over. As I could not find the chords I made some up ;).

Hello again, Steve! This is another "dream" song ... I really want to find a "nightmare" one, but, as you say, they seem to be few and far between. The photos are of our garden, where the wisteria is currently in bloom. We have a whole canopy of it over the front door, which makes going in and out a bit tricky, but it's too pretty to cut.

Singing a song that you don't know the melody of and using chords that you hope might fit.

Only 147 shopping days to go!!

Wim did this already, but I needed to have a go at this one, too.

Sex and Candy - Marcy Playground - 1997

Funny kind of song - with aimless tune
I also double tracked the ukulele with chorus effect - to try something new for me.

James

I have caught up again, and we are up to 45 entries. Good to see RedPaul back from his yachting break (I think it was something like that), and nice to have a guided tour of LumpyWaffleSquirt's downstairs facilities.
I do try not to single out entries, but I have to say that UkuleleLow's take on a Roy Orbison classic had me in awe. Not only has he shown that my own rule - "never try to sing an Orbison song" - is wrong, but he turns it into something everso slightly sinister. If you haven't heard it, go and enjoy it.

This one is really hard. I've been working on it for a few days. I still can't play it well, but I wanted to give it a shot.

Top Bottom