aNueNue 5K Koa Moon Bird Tenor - REVIEW

bazmaz

Reaction score
Another great review, Baz. Thanks for posting. I can’t imagine I’d ever want to part with that beauty should I ever get a chance to hold one.

This just reaffirms my goal of getting something special from aNueNue and calling my UAS done-zo. :)

A tough one to let go for sure. Made easier by the fact I don’t have three grand spare!!

Thanks so much for that review, Barry! You provide a wealth of information and insight. I love how versatile it appears to be. It looks to be great for both strumming and picking, and rings open and true up the neck. I might have to get one if I can strike at the right time (which means both availability of the uke as well as financial means).

Entirely my pleasure.

What I didn't say in the review (when I was talking about price) was that this one sold the day before I put my review up! So as I say - it's worth what someone is prepared to pay for it - and someone WAS and did pay for it!

I'm told that World of Ukes will be getting more of these in!

IT's probably a good thing I don't have the money for a concert scale Moon Bird....
Well done, Baz.

It certainly is pretty, but I wish it had the phases of the moon for fret dots on the fingerboard like the "regular" moon birds do, and that the rosette would be more moon like. If I had the money for a koa bird, I'd probably go with the UC3K. It might not have the slothead and the master grade koa, but I do like the "moon" designs on it better than this one. I also like the asymmetric binding better on the 3K Koas Birds and the spruce top birds better. It sure sounds lovely though. I imagine it is a joy to play!

Last edited:
Top Bottom