What makes Anuenue so desirable?

KaminTheWeaver

Reaction score
I don’t mean that question to be pejorative. It just seems that whenever a Moon Bird arrives on HMS, it goes very quickly compared to other brands and models.

Is there something special about the tone or quality of an Anuenue that sets it apart from similarly priced ukes in the market?

Also, for anyone who has played them, how is their sound compared to other K brands?

Barry Maz's most recent review (and his previous review of Anuenue) cleared some of this up for me. Anuenue used to be a middle of the road, maybe high end, entry level ukulele company. At some point in the recent past they decided to focus on the true high end of making ukuleles--and they really shocked the world with how nice they were.

Players like Tobias Elof, who was one of the first artists I know that was playing the new Anuenue, really helped spread the news. You can find an old Ukulele Review Podcast (HMS/The Ukulele Site) where Tobias came on and the staff was really shocked at how nice the Anuenue was. Check out about at 21:00. https://youtu.be/Z0Okt0bw_Bk

I'd buy a concert size Moon Bird in a heartbeat, if I could afford it.

Great tone,great playability, great price point
Ron

I love all the attention to detail. When I reviewed one, the tone and playability were great, but every time I really looked at it I saw something different and awesome. That one was tough to give back. ;-)

Barry’s review is great. I’ve watched a lot of his reviews and never heard such unequivocal praise from him. I’m in the market for a spruce top and it doesn’t look like I could go wrong with this one! I have my eye on the new Kala Elites as well. Those seem to be really nice, too.

FYI, there is a tenor Moon Bird at HMS right now...

I’m firmly in the aNueNue fan club, and can’t wait to splurge on a custom from them, too.

I have an Anuenue moonbird concert and also a Kanilea Ku'uipo tenor. I have to say that I hardly play the Kanile’a, whereas my moonbird is my most played uke. It is really comfortable to play and has a lovely tone.

Great tone, well suited to high or low G, great quality build and lovely little details. Very nice to play, feels "easy" to play, and lovely swooping curvy shape that also feels a bit quirky and not too serious with its asymmetry (which makes it feel fun!)

Top Bottom