Thread: Heat wave problems

Default Heat wave problems

It looks as if I'll have to stop shipping ukes in the summer months..a couple have arrived at there destination with the finish all messed up due to the heat..it's a problem with French polish that I've had before in the past, it usually will polish out with a bit of work but I prefer it to be returned so that we can make a decent job of it.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

I didn't know that heat could bugger up french polish that much - although I know moisture can do horrors to it - good info to have.

My problem with the recent UK heat was one of my mahogany backs warping.

I have it pressed between some boards to see it it will flatten out again.

Fingers crossed

Mike

y workshop is usually heated to between 75 and 80 degrees F.... its cool in my workshop at present because pdf the attendant breeze we are getting. If you are in a shed then you are definitely in trouble in the UK...

The problem is the heat they are exposed to during transportation.
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    The problem is the heat they are exposed to during transportation.
    I'm with you, sir! I have contemplated selling some of my better ukes & I just can't bring myself to box em up & ship them as I expect that they'll get pretty hot in shipment! Wise move, Timbuck!
    Soprano: Sailor Brand SPC-S, Donaldson Vintage-S, Gstring Longneck, 1920's Martin 0, Makala Dolphin (YELLOW), Mainland Chili!, Roy Smeck
    Concert: KoAloha Sceptre, KoAloha Super Concert, Kala "Mighty Uke", Kamoa Grand Concert, Martin 2K
    Tenor: LoPrinzi Model A Mohagany
    Pineapple/Other: Mainland red-cedar, Mya-Moe Concert Pineapple (Mango), KoAloha Longneck Pineapple, Vintage Kamaka Pineapple, Kamaka 100th Anniversary Pineapple

Aloha from Charleston, SC!

Thread Information