A new book on building ukuleles

Graham McDonald

Reaction score
Folks,

I have launched a Kickstarter project to fund the publication of my new book on building ukuleles. It is called, simply enough, The Ukulele - an Illustrated Workshop Manual. 154 pages, over 300 photographs, full sized plans in an envelope in the back cover. It covers building soprano, concert, tenor and baritone ukuleles with glued, bolt-on and Spanish heel types of construction and a mix of hand and power tool approaches.

The Kickstarter page is here
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/grahamkmcdonald/the-ukulele

and a couple of sample chapter can be downloaded at http://www.mcdonaldstrings.com/ukulelebook.html

Feel free to share info about the project.

Thanks

Graham
Uke_Front_cover_600x800.jpg

I’m in for an e-copy. I like that you're doing so many styles. I'm hoping the rope binding is shop-made.

I have an early e-copy of this book. Like all of Graham's written work, the layout is visually appealing and info-dense. It is easily the best ukulele building book out there. All uke sizes are covered and include a variety of construction methods and options. Not owning a copy is a poor idea, especially if you are a new builder.

I'm not a builder, and I'm enjoying the sample!

I Pledged this morning and posted about it on facebook!

I've read the pdf and it's by far the best uke building book around and am happy to have pledged to get a copy. (about $30 US)- full colour with free plans etc.
All Grahams books are well written with a lot of information explained in a logical way.

Pledge away!!!

Backed! I’m going to give it to my friend who builds ukes as a gift! Hopefully he’ll find it useful!

I know absolutely nothing about Kickstarter and the like. So my question is, what happens if it does not reach the $ target?

Apparently, credit cards are only debited if/when the allotted target is reached. This will take place after the closing date. If the target is not reached, no transaction. This is my interpretation from the terms and conditions.
Please correct me if I have it wrong.

Last edited:
Kickstarter is an 'all-or-nothing' fundraiser. If the target is not reached it won't cost you anything. At the moment it is looking unlikely to reach the target, so I am looking at a Plan B :cool:

Cheers

Kickstarter is an 'all-or-nothing' fundraiser. If the target is not reached it won't cost you anything. At the moment it is looking unlikely to reach the target, so I am looking at a Plan B :cool:

Cheers

Thanks for the clarification Graham. Best of luck with the project.

Top Bottom