Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 390 - Facing the Music

It's awesome to see a Season focused on the music of Jeff Lynne -- I was a big ELO fan growing up, too! Eric and Cave, I SO wish that I lived in Seattle still so that I could meet up with you guys!!! Your cover ROCKED!!! Where are your roller skates?!!! :-D :-D :-D (Reference to the movie 'Xanadu' -- one of my favorite movies as a kid as I was a massive ONJ fan, AND I was SO into roller skating!!!) The 'Xanadu' song you chose to do also has a special place in my heart re: the SOTU as I actually covered this same song for my very first participation in the Seasons -- ahhh, like in 2012 I think -- and it was pabrizzer's Season to sing a song about a place -- and I picked 'Xanadu' -- "a place where nobody dared to go!" :-D :-D :-D Again, I absolutely LOVED what you guys did with this cover!!!! Wooooooot woooooot! <3

Quote Originally Posted by erivel View Post
    In Seattle with the Cave man...

Thanks for hosting Tom! I knew Jeff Lynne and Tom Petty were friends and worked together in the Traveling Wilburys but I did not know he had co-written so many of my favorite Tom Petty Songs. Here is one of them ~

Quote Originally Posted by engravertom View Post
    Congratulations on the milestone!

Yes, I am having a great time so far. A lovely cover Linda! It did not come across as new to you at all! ��

Thanks so much, Tom, for your congrats. The Seasons means so many different things to all of us. I feel very lucky to have been a part of things here and am very grateful for the friendships and all I've learned about music along the way. And this week is making me an avid Jeff Lynne/ELO fan, for sure!

This one's not ready for prime time, but today is the only time I have this week to record it, so it'll have to do. As I do take after take, the playing gets a little better, but the vocals get worse.

By the way, a few years ago I was Googling something about ELO, and I happened on the info that the weird two-measure instrumental break in "Evil Woman" is the string section from "Nightrider" played backwards and run through a flanger. And now you know, too.

Uke can't always get what you want, but if you try sometimes, you just might find uke get what you need!

YouTube: www.youtube.com/uke4ia

Surprise!!! An ELO song.

If EVERYONE played the UKULELE, the WORLD would be a BETTER place! ~ Jake Shimabukuro

FACEBOOK
    YOUTUBE CHANNEL

homemade song, borrowing the ELO album title "no answer"

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

I remember my brother listening to his ELO records when I was growing up. Oh, such great songs they had.

I don't know if this will work..

I'm usually adverse to repeating something someone's already done, particularly one as well done as Kevin Griffin's up there... Wow. His was great!

Me, the power was out last night for a long period, I had no computer battery left, so I did it live on Facebook.
    Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

a very little instrumental - it's also an original I've titled Out of the Blue so I hope that gets me a valid entry for the week...

Quote Originally Posted by pabrizzer View Post
    a very little instrumental - it's also an original I've titled Out of the Blue so I hope that gets me a valid entry for the week...
    Very valid!

Thread Information