Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 390 - Facing the Music

Season 390. Submission 1. "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" (written by Jeff Lynne and recorded by ELO, 1974)

Thanks so very much for hosting this week, Tom! I hope that your first hosting experience is terrific and I so appreciate your stepping in for me.

This is a special submission for me; it marks the 200th Season since I first joined and the 200th Season in a row that I've submitted. Honestly, I can't believe it. And as everyone says, the first submission was the hardest.

I do not know Jeff Lynne and ELO's music as much as I'd like, so I'm anxious to hear what everybody brings this week. This song is brand new for me.

Tenor ukulele here.

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Season 390. Submission 1. "Can't Get It Out Of My Head" (written by Jeff Lynne and recorded by ELO, 1974)

Thanks so very much for hosting this week, Tom! I hope that your first hosting experience is terrific and I so appreciate your stepping in for me.

This is a special submission for me; it marks the 200th Season since I first joined and the 200th Season in a row that I've submitted. Honestly, I can't believe it. And as everyone says, the first submission was the hardest.

I do not know Jeff Lynne and ELO's music as much as I'd like, so I'm anxious to hear what everybody brings this week. This song is brand new for me.

Tenor ukulele here.

Congratulations on the milestone!

Yes, I am having a great time so far. A lovely cover Linda! It did not come across as new to you at all! ��

ELO songs are generally beyond my ability to fake, but I found one that kind of worked, after I fixed all the mistakes in the chord sheet.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

The ELO album ‘Discovery’ was released in 1979, the year I turned 13. It wasn’t considered at all ‘cool’ at that age to like the music that your Dad was into but that didn’t stop me listening to it over and over again - I just didn’t tell anyone at school!

So many good songs on that album, and this was and is one of my favourites. I don’t think it was ever released as a single, but maybe it should have been?

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

In Seattle with the Cave man...

Ok,

415 miles later back home again.

Playlist should be caught up as of midnight Eastern Daylight savings time in the US.

Will get back to commenting tomorrow. Thanks for all the great entries so far!

Here’s a real insight into the man behind this week’s music. His talent and his humility shine through in this interview:

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

Hello, Tom! I love The Traveling Wilburys ... this track is from their Vol.1 album. On the album, Bob Dylan took the lead vocals for this one ... needless to say, I sound absolutely NOTHING like Dylan!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Jeff Lynne also co-wrote and produced Tom Petty's "Full Moon Fever" record, and they came up with some great songs. (It's also where i pulled last season's entry ...)

This is one, IMHO, even if the performance ain't up to their standards. Johnny Cash also did a moving version in his final years.

Martin C1K • Vintage 'Mauna Loa' c. 1925 soprano • Famous by Kiwaya FS-1 <yippee!!> • Ohana CK-50WG concert (solid cedar top) • Ohana SK-28 ‘Nunes’ <suh-weet> • Ohana SK-35G solid mahogany soprano <yay!!> • Firefly maple concert banjolele <yee-haw!> • Flea koa soprano • Makala MK-CE concert • Kahuna "Felix the Cat" soprano • Woodrow "Steelers" soprano <eyeroll>

Raleigh Uke Jam:

My YouTube page

This is one which I loved when it came out (1977), and still do. Maybe it was the unusual structure which made it stand out, and it took some trial and error to uke-ify it. But here goes...

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Thread Information