Season 390 - Facing the Music

I don't know if this will work..

I'm usually adverse to repeating something someone's already done, particularly one as well done as Kevin Griffin's up there... Wow. His was great!

Me, the power was out last night for a long period, I had no computer battery left, so I did it live on Facebook.

Sorry you lost power! Any way I can put this on the playlist? Thanks for participating under challenging circumstances!

Sorry you lost power! Any way I can put this on the playlist? Thanks for participating under challenging circumstances!

My guess is that you will have to download it, then upload to YouTube so it can go on the playlist.

I've done this one before though this is a new recording just made today. It let's me get something up reasonably quickly while deciding what to do next.

Now we can debate whether he says "Bruce!" or "Grüss" or some other nonsense. Since I now live in the German speaking part of Switzerland, I went with "Grüss." Either way, it was fun to learn this thing!

Hello again, Tom! This song was written by Jeff Lynne for Agnetha from ABBA and was the first track on her 1985 album, "Eyes of a Woman". I think I read that the single reached No.40 in the German charts! (And I'm sorry, there's an exciting "flashy" bit in the middle of the video ... the Kindle I use to record is very sensitive to light and the sun kept going in and out.)

Last edited:
I absolutely love Jeff Lynne. Spent many road trips in my 20s listening to ELO for hours. Not a lot of his songs are easy to play on ukulele, at least not for me. This one lends itself well, and it's one of my all time favorites of his. From his first solo album.
BTW, I did this one before, 380 seasons ago!

Thanks for all the great contributions! Playlist is up to date. I will keep catching up on my comments. Thanks for making my first try at hosting easy and very rewarding!

Probably my fave ELO song of all time - I’ve done it a couple of times on the Seasons before and I couldn’t resist doing it again here:

Really enjoying the season Tom! When the season was announced I thought of Del, and I thought of this song. Thanks Del, for taking the time and energy to do this song with me. I really love what you do, as it inspires me to consider songs I would not otherwise do.

here's a remix of "out of the blue" - del added vocal harmonies, his brill new gizmo - an impact GX61 USB controller keyboard, and of course his pure synth magic to my uke and voice track...

Top Bottom