Song Sketch: original "And Now for the rest..."

Jim Hanks

Reaction score
Uke is the Iriguchi tenor in reentrant A tuning, being played quite sloppily :rolleyes:

Hi, Jim! Very nice song and very good play. Your recorder sounds ethnic and scrolling tab just looks like dancing Indian snakes (see the photo below). It recalls me Indian rope trick.

Your previous videos are also very nice but they are bit small sound on my tablets.

Very good, Jim. I enjoyed that.

John Colter.

Hi, Jim! Very nice song and very good play. Your recorder sounds ethnic and scrolling tab just looks like dancing Indian snakes (see the photo below). It recalls me Indian rope trick.
Haha! ;)

Your previous videos are also very nice but they are bit small sound on my tablets.
Can you give an example? The Flukutronic videos have been mixed on a good pair of headphones because that's when I have time to do it. Maybe there is something about that process that makes them not "travel well". What brand are your tablets?

Very good, Jim. I enjoyed that.
Thanks! Hopefully the final track will be even (much :rolleyes: ) better

Hi, Jim! My tablet is Asus Zenpad10. Your previous two youtube videos are bit quiet on my PC too. This one is ok.

Hi, Jim! My tablet is Asus Zenpad10. Your previous two youtube videos are bit quiet on my PC too. This one is ok.
Hmm, interesting. Thanks for the feedback. I try not to use too much compression on "sound sample" videos, so those will generally be not as loud as a fuller production like this one. But I'll try to keep a better eye on the final levels. :shaka:

Hi, Jim! You are very good at presentation as well as play. This chord chat is very good for us to play along. Why don't you give us lesson videos of Ukulele Jim.

Multi talented Jim. Tablets just don’t have the speakers to give these videos any justice. I have an iPad, but neither my iPad or pc have the capacity speaker wise to give these videos any depth of sound.

Multi talented Jim. Tablets just don’t have the speakers to give these videos any justice. I have an iPad, but neither my iPad or pc have the capacity speaker wise to give these videos any depth of sound.
Thanks.

yeah, but I still want it to have the "essence" even on mobile devices and laptop/consumer-level speakers.

The "full productions" I will usually give more attention to how it sounds on different devices and try to make changes to accommodate, but you're right that trying to do 2 or 3 videos a week, they won't get quite the same level of attention.

Why don't you give us lesson videos of Ukulele Jim.

Haha. Well, the playing on this video probably doesn't warrant that - it was about the 2nd time I even tried to read the chart. :) But I am considering a deeper look at this one just to show the composition process, i.e. where did all those weird chords come from. :p

Top Bottom