First step.
13 to go.

Blog update right this day.

3.jpg

Last edited:
Soprano Ditson inspiration.
Full mahogany body.
Neck in mahogany too.
See the building story with a lot of ( so many ) pics in my blog.
Thank's.
Gerard.
France

Thanks for sharing this. I don’t speak French (as on your blog) but the pictures are a great help.

Is this a design that you created yourself or one who’s drawings you are working to?

Lovely! I hope to hear a sound clip when it is finished

Attachments

• Soprano Baby Dreadnought GG provisoire  28 02 2019.jpg
    Soprano Baby Dreadnought GG provisoire 28 02 2019.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 44
Last edited:
I've always liked the DItson shape, as it is a cross between Baroque and modern dreadnoughts guitars.

Hello Vic.
Gone on your website.
Fine ukes.

Ditson, not Diston - I have wrong written thread tittle ...

See this well knowed site :

http://ditson-ukulele.com/

Gerard.

Looks great Gerardg!

I can't believe this uke exists. I thought I'd gleaned everything ukulele on the internet, but somehow I missed the Diston. I actually resized a Dreadnought plan a while back and was tweaking it, but now I must do the Diston.

Last edited:
Thanks Gerard. I've been to that site but only fairly recently when another UU member, Brad, posted his Ditson build. Was not well known to me haha. Can't understand how I missed it all this time. I hope I can build one as nice as you guys have.

Hey Vic and Gerard, lots more info on the Ditson ukulele in The Martin Ukulele book by the late John King. I was under the impression that they had not made any 4 string concert sized ukulele, but according to the book, there were a very few made in the early years. Up next for me is a koa Style 3!
Brad

Top Bottom