Coming Full Circle? (UK Newbie)

Macavity

Reaction score
Greetings from the UK... Or Wales specifically? :)

Sometime in the last century, I persuaded my Dad to allow me to spend the HUGE sum of 12s and 6d(!), on what I believed to be a "Guitar"...

I've been a "Bedroom Guitarist" for 50+ years... I sense I "peaked" a few years back re. my ambition to become "Jimi Hendrix, Eric Clapton, Eddie van Halen, Robin Trower" etc. lol! :D

Recently, on impulse, I bought myself a "budget" Ukulele... I find I am now loving every minute of it! I like pretty much ALL Music... But I am drawn (via Youtube) to the amazing talents of "Ukulele Jazzers"? Hey, I love (Jazzy) "Dis-chords" as much as normal Chords? :cool:

FWIW: I'm working my way (slowly) through (the easier ones of) Kiyoshi Kobayashi's "Ukulele Jazz". This is just such FUN!!! :D

Chris / Macavity

Jazz is what really grabbed me about the ukulele, too. There’s something awesome about the chords’ tones when played on a small instrument that makes me happy.

Thanks, Penny! "Intermediate Newbie"... I like that one (can relate! etc.) :cool:

Greetings back at you from the country next door!

Jazz is what really grabbed me about the ukulele, too. There’s something awesome about the chords’ tones when played on a small instrument that makes me happy.
I was *genuinely* surprised such things were possible on the Ukulele! I suspect you don't really need SIX strings after all? [teasing] And it is the SOUND that counts? :p

But mostly I can keep a little UKE by my side on the couch... No need for cables... effects boxes... potential of "annoyed" neighbours etc. Ultimately it's just a lot easier for me (and still fun) "in my dotage" etc. lol :D

Welcome.

Wait until you find out about solid body all electric Ukes, that look and sound like Fender Strats or Gibson Les Pauls. Your rocking past will re-surface

Wait until you find out about solid body all electric Ukes, that look and sound like Fender Strats or Gibson Les Pauls. Your rocking past will re-surface
Heheh. Current "starter" Uke leaves a bit / lot to be desired re. finish / playability etc. Must buy something *better* (on still modest budget)! Trying to resist lure of R&R headstocks... Steve Vai flowery inlays etc. (Not that that such things might not work?). You KNOW how it is... :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom