mya-moe Concert seeks loving new home

hughshelt

Reaction score
Due to on-going health issues I must part with my mya-moe Concert.

Firstly and most importantly I am based in the UK so if the instrument is sold to someone in another country, I will need to work out with you the best option to get it to you and I will ask you to at least share responsibility. not that this has been problem in the past. Buying it could be a good reason to take advantage of the cheap pound and come and collect it (and see the wonders of the University Town of Oxford at the same time).

It is a concert Master Grade Chocolate Heart Mango top and sides. The body is Koa with abalone purling and rosette. Mahogany neck. I call it beautiful bling.

It has peghed geared tuners and MiSi with LR Baggs under saddle pick up. It comes in a hard case.

Its sounds amazingly warm and is a dream to play (think silky smooth)

it is number 802 on the may-moe resource site if you want to see it. It has been used so it is not perfect but there are no significant scratches or marks. Its given a lot and has had a happy life (it responds well to applause).

If you are interested please respond and I'll find a way of sorting out an agreed price in a manner that is discrete. Pam open to offers. That said, its a mya-moe, made by Gordon, Char and Aaron and is rare. But these instruments are worth it.

Last edited:
Due to on-going health issues I must part with my mya-moe Concert.

Firstly and most importantly I am based in the UK so if the instrument is sold to someone in another country, I will need to work out with you the best option to get it to you and I will ask you to at least share responsibility. not that this has been problem in the past. Buying it could be a good reason to take advantage of the cheap pound and come and collect it (and see the wonders of the University Town of Oxford at the same time).

It is a concert Master Grade Chocolate Heart Mango top and sides. The body is Koa with abalone purling and rosette. Mahogany neck. I call it beautiful bling.

It has peghed geared tuners and MiSi with LR Baggs under saddle pick up. It comes in a hard case.

Its sounds amazingly warm and is a dream to play (think silky smooth)

it is number 802 on the may-moe resource site if you want to see it. It has been used so it is not perfect but there are no significant scratches or marks. Its given a lot and has had a happy life (it responds well to applause).

If you are interested please respond and I'll find a way of sorting out an agreed price in a manner that is discrete. Pam open to offers. That said, its a mya-moe, made by Gordon, Char and Aaron and is rare. But these instruments are worth it.

Oh my.. and there was me trying to downsize my ukuleles.
But Chocolate Mango??? mmmmmmm

and a Concert! my two absolute favourite ukulele things..

Wow, that’s a thing of beauty! I have a MM chocolate heart mango (#188) myself and I still find myself in awe whenever I look at it. It gives such a sweet tone and so easy to play. It must be hard letting go of this. Good luck with the sale.

With all due respect there are certain rules listed in the UU forum for selling an instrument.

1. A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold.
2. The reason for selling (you have supplied that)
3. Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc) This is really critical when you think about it.

Other suggestions made in the rules: Provide a picture of the uke with a piece of paper on top stating the date and your user name. This gives proof of ownership of the actual ukulele. Selling an instrument on your first post is usually frowned upon as members here don’t know you and may not be comfortable buying. Again these are all from the rules section on selling

I am NOT trying to be that guy that rains on your parade. Following these rules actually help you sell your instrument. I love Mya Moe and they are a sought after brand of ukulele.

On a Tenor Mya Moe the body is much more Concert sized than Tenor. On a Concert Mya Moe is it smaller than the average Concert body? From the last picture on the Uke Tracker page it would seem so.

I'm confused. It's chocolate heart mango top and sides and koa body? From the link to the MM tracking number 802 photos it looks to have an all chocolate heart mango body with a mahogany neck.

Lovely concert.

Thank you Dave.

Lovely uke, but alas, the inconsistencies and a 1st time poster, a stranger to us all.....hmmmm.

I'm not going to bite, not without the rules....

Anyway, I wish the OP good health.

Hi. Ive never inputted into this site before, only using it for interest. I posted my mya-moe for sale a few days ago and obviously did something wrong because since then Ive not been able to sign in to respond to those who have shown interest. So Ive re-registeered under a new email address/id, not the least because I have tried twice to reset my password and have not received a reset email. Apologies for my ignorance of the site (to a newcomer it is not easy) but the may-moe is still for sale and this is a serious post.

I think you misread it. The picture is right.
I'm confused. It's chocolate heart mango top and sides and koa body? From the link to the MM tracking number 802 photos it looks to have an all chocolate heart mango body with a mahogany neck.

Lovely concert.

Sorry, as a newcomer, its hard to knew everything or be everything. This not a bogus, time wasting post. Ive had a nightmare working out how to use this forum. I wish I had been born with the knowledge.

Thank you Dave.

Lovely uke, but alas, the inconsistencies and a 1st time poster, a stranger to us all.....hmmmm.

I'm not going to bite, not without the rules....

Anyway, I wish the OP good health.

Hi
Uploading pictures can be tricky. If you look to the menu bar on the quick reply text box for posting on the upper right there is a picture icon which you can select and then upload a file. Some users post a link to their google photos or other picture service but I haven’t tried that.

Many users also try the flea market site for ukuleles.

Good luck.

Thank you. I couldn't find the rule to state that I had to put pictures so assumed it was a convention. I did give details as to where pictures could be found, as some people have done. They show it being built.
Ive had cancer 4 times in 3 years, that tells you everything re my reasons for selling
From what Ive seen when people put prices on the forum for such instruments there is often a torrent of criticism. I did state that I am open to offers on the basis that if someone knows what a mya-moe is, they will know its worth. I don't want time wasters (as do you). Im looking for a dialogue re terms, but in essence if someone pays me and we agree how to ship it, then all is clear. If its a UK purchase, I'll deliver it myself. In the UK, I'm looking for £1750

Re being a first time on the site, given what I'm selling I rather hoped for help and understanding. I did not want to go eBay or FB for obvious reasons.
Hope this helps. I appreciate your response. Trouble is Im unablee to change or edit my post (including the spelling mistakes)
Please see my post re why I'm responding under a different username. The forum has not responded to my requests for help.

With all due respect there are certain rules listed in the UU forum for selling an instrument.

1. A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold.
2. The reason for selling (you have supplied that)
3. Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc) This is really critical when you think about it.

Other suggestions made in the rules: Provide a picture of the uke with a piece of paper on top stating the date and your user name. This gives proof of ownership of the actual ukulele. Selling an instrument on your first post is usually frowned upon as members here don’t know you and may not be comfortable buying. Again these are all from the rules section on selling

I am NOT trying to be that guy that rains on your parade. Following these rules actually help you sell your instrument. I love Mya Moe and they are a sought after brand of ukulele.

Its a wonderful ukulele but I've just put one together with the same spec on Mya Moe's website and it's a little cheaper new including shipping, probably a hair over with import tax. You may need to rethink the asking price.

Its a wonderful ukulele but I've just put one together with the same spec on Mya Moe's website and it's a little cheaper new including shipping, probably a hair over with import tax. You may need to rethink the asking price.

I can understand your comment and I too know the procedure due to other posts similar to yours. There are “sticky “ posts at the top of the forum topic. https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com/showthread.php?117241-Please-read-before-posting-items-for-sale Is the sticky post link that has the “rules” - suggestions when selling. FYI when someone is selling, especially an expensive ukulele we do tend to check the member’s profile to gauge about exchanging money and vice versa. Good luck, don’t worry and try to post the pictures. :)

Hughshelt/Hukulele,

My post wasn't to criticize your posting, it was offered so you could clarify what you had in the post. You stated:

"It is a concert Master Grade Chocolate Heart Mango top and sides. The body is Koa with abalone purling and rosette. Mahogany neck. I call it beautiful bling."

It sounded as though you weren't sure if the MM Tracking photo was the right one. Hence my question. To help readers to understand which was correct.

I am sorry to hear of your health issues and wish you the best in your progress.

It is a gorgeous concert ukulele. The chocolate heart mango is fabulous. Mighty Moe makes terrific instruments. I am sure it will make someone a very happy player. Best of luck with the sale.

I'm afraid I don't know why you are having problems with logging in with your original user name. I found I was having problems whenever I signed on while using a VPN. As soon as I turned it off and signed on again I didn't have any problems. That's my only suggestion.

Last edited:
Hi. Ive never inputted into this site before, only using it for interest. I posted my mya-moe for sale a few days ago and obviously did something wrong because since then Ive not been able to sign in to respond to those who have shown interest. So Ive re-registeered under a new email address/id, not the least because I have tried twice to reset my password and have not received a reset email. Apologies for my ignorance of the site (to a newcomer it is not easy) but the may-moe is still for sale and this is a serious post.

Please post current photos, with the date.

Last edited:
Thank you. I couldn't find the rule to state that I had to put pictures so assumed it was a convention. I did give details as to where pictures could be found, as some people have done. They show it being built.
Ive had cancer 4 times in 3 years, that tells you everything re my reasons for selling
From what Ive seen when people put prices on the forum for such instruments there is often a torrent of criticism. I did state that I am open to offers on the basis that if someone knows what a mya-moe is, they will know its worth. I don't want time wasters (as do you). Im looking for a dialogue re terms, but in essence if someone pays me and we agree how to ship it, then all is clear. If its a UK purchase, I'll deliver it myself. In the UK, I'm looking for £1750

Re being a first time on the site, given what I'm selling I rather hoped for help and understanding. I did not want to go eBay or FB for obvious reasons.
Hope this helps. I appreciate your response. Trouble is Im unablee to change or edit my post (including the spelling mistakes)
Please see my post re why I'm responding under a different username. The forum has not responded to my requests for help.

CURRENT pictures show CURRENT condition, so they are much more helpful than pictures of the build, and also help show current ownership,

Top Bottom