Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who are you dating and why?

Default Who are you dating and why?

Each time I have a gathering to go to I have a terrible decision to make. Which of my many beautiful, hot and sexy err... umm... Uke's do I show a good time to?

My Kimo custom high g "El Diablo" is almost always a must for me.

But who do I bring as my second date?

If there is a fair amount of Hawaiian music, my go to soprano is my Tyde. Really easy to play and is comfortable without a strap.

If it's an event that is playing rock and country, I'll bring my new Kanile'a Pinneaple. It's my low G and is an audio canon.

If the event is a goof that means I can pull out a banjo and maybe make it a threesome with my tahitian (if I get lucky and it hasn't popped a string)

How do you decide what to take? Or is it always then same?
    Tenors: Rebel Elysium, Kimo "El Diablo" custom, Kanile'a Platinum Pinneaple, MyaMoe custom, RISA stick, Ohana TK35G-5 5 string, Gretch G9120
    Concert: Vox solid body electric, Cripple Creek cigar box
    Soprano: KoAloha T2 Tenor neck, Tyde "Little Rusty", 1940s Martin style 3, Kamoa, Kala
    Sopranino: Tyde
    Banjolele: 1920s Concertone, Southern Cross Concert, Southern Cross UB-2 style, Kala
    Other: 8 string Tahitian

I bring a different "date" every time, usually two of them. I like to bring two that are totally different, like a tenor and a sopranino or a banjo uke. I have two or three ukes in the living room, and I will play them for a week or two. Then I will switch to two or three others.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

No, no, I don't go out, we always stay in & enjoy ourselves!
    Trying to do justice to various musical instruments.

I suggest monogamy. Be faithful and you will be rewarded.

Not a huge decision on my part. Pretty much if I'm going to be out roughing it I take my Makala concert, affectionately called Irma, because she weathered hurricane Irma. Otherwise my Ohana cedar top solid for everything else, including the monthly neighborhood bonfire. Unless there is rain in the forcast, then it is the Makala.
    I don't want to live in a world that is linear.

I just want everyone to understand that I am not a ukulele expert, even though it may look at times like I'm pretending to be.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...tective+Agency

Quote Originally Posted by Rllink View Post
    ...I take my Makala concert, affectionately called Irma, because she weathered hurricane Irma.
    We had a cat named Gloria because I found her outside as a kitten during Hurricane Gloria.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

I rotate through my eight ukes from week to week, but I do use my Kala cedar top for the "important" gigs. The Fluke stays home hanging on a stand only for noodling and some practice.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
    9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
    • Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Quote Originally Posted by ubulele View Post
    I decide mainly by the tunings I'll need.
    This is a huge factor for me as well! I have ukes in 7 different tunings! I am pretty lucky to be able to jam 2-3 times weekly at meetups or with a small group of friends. If I'm hosting, it's no biggie, but if I have to travel I usually take two instruments with me, one tenor and one baritone. Most recently, i've really been showing a lot of love to my resonator and steel string ukes. They really cut through the mix when necessary.

I rarely cheat on my cocobolo uke.
    Sometimes I take the banjouke too, if we're doing Irish folk.
    "Those who bring sunshine and laughter to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves".

Music washes from the soul, the dust of everyday living.

For any type of "gig" it is usually my Pono Koa tenor. It has a MiSi pickup and overall has great playability and sound and is pretty much ready for anything. I even use it on my boat gigs.

If I am playing in a kanikapila or a definitely indoor gig it will be my Compass Rose 5-String Redwood top tenor.
    If there is any question about security or weather, then it stays home and I bring the Pono and my 6-String Milo tenor.
    1:5255
    My Quiver: S & J Craft Milo Tenor "Liliu" six string custom and Milo and Lychee concert by Emil Bader
    Pono PKT-1 Koa Tenor w/MiSi, Lanikai LU-21T - Autographed!, Hikare CU 528 Baritone
    R&L all koa mini concert, Mainland Gecko, Epiphone Les Paul Vintage, Kala Concert
    Compass Rose 5 string
    Nothin' left to do but : ) : ) : )

Thread Information