Who are you dating and why?

UkeComa

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Each time I have a gathering to go to I have a terrible decision to make. Which of my many beautiful, hot and sexy err... umm... Uke's do I show a good time to?

My Kimo custom high g "El Diablo" is almost always a must for me.

But who do I bring as my second date?

If there is a fair amount of Hawaiian music, my go to soprano is my Tyde. Really easy to play and is comfortable without a strap.

If it's an event that is playing rock and country, I'll bring my new Kanile'a Pinneaple. It's my low G and is an audio canon.

If the event is a goof that means I can pull out a banjo and maybe make it a threesome with my tahitian (if I get lucky and it hasn't popped a string)

How do you decide what to take? Or is it always then same?

I bring a different "date" every time, usually two of them. I like to bring two that are totally different, like a tenor and a sopranino or a banjo uke. I have two or three ukes in the living room, and I will play them for a week or two. Then I will switch to two or three others.

I suggest monogamy. Be faithful and you will be rewarded.

Not a huge decision on my part. Pretty much if I'm going to be out roughing it I take my Makala concert, affectionately called Irma, because she weathered hurricane Irma. Otherwise my Ohana cedar top solid for everything else, including the monthly neighborhood bonfire. Unless there is rain in the forcast, then it is the Makala.

I rotate through my eight ukes from week to week, but I do use my Kala cedar top for the "important" gigs. The Fluke stays home hanging on a stand only for noodling and some practice.

This is Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly West near the Beverly Center
9 tenor cutaway ukes, 5 acoustic bass ukes, 11 solid body bass ukes, 9 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 34)

• Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
• Member The CC Strummers: YouTube: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

I decide mainly by the tunings I'll need.

This is a huge factor for me as well! I have ukes in 7 different tunings! I am pretty lucky to be able to jam 2-3 times weekly at meetups or with a small group of friends. If I'm hosting, it's no biggie, but if I have to travel I usually take two instruments with me, one tenor and one baritone. Most recently, i've really been showing a lot of love to my resonator and steel string ukes. They really cut through the mix when necessary.

I rarely cheat on my cocobolo uke.
Sometimes I take the banjouke too, if we're doing Irish folk.

For any type of "gig" it is usually my Pono Koa tenor. It has a MiSi pickup and overall has great playability and sound and is pretty much ready for anything. I even use it on my boat gigs.

If I am playing in a kanikapila or a definitely indoor gig it will be my Compass Rose 5-String Redwood top tenor.
If there is any question about security or weather, then it stays home and I bring the Pono and my 6-String Milo tenor.

My pono master series cedar top is superb. I can’t put it down. I sometimes use a pono bari to stretch my left hand or a Kala travel concert to give my left hand a noodling break. But it the pono master I go back to or take out on the road.

Well, we jam 4 - 6 times a week so I have a chance to date a variety but, I find I usually take my Tenor Blackbird, super reliable, or one of my Kamakas. (One has low G and Long neck tenor has a high g) My 2nd partner ( I double date) is a guitar, just one though I'd Prefer. To date 2.

Husband has more trouble picking a bass. That upright takes more room than 2 ukes and 2 guitars.

I'm dating the most beatiful, smart and kind girl! Sorry, it is not an uke, it is someone even better;) Her name is Kate and I love her!! By the way, we met at https://onlinechatdatingsites.com The best place to find your soulmate!

I suggest monogamy. Be faithful and you will be rewarded.

Agreed, and genuine Honduran monogamy is best.

:rolleyes:

I take my Martin OXK or my Mainland mahogany tenor. Both are consistently good.

I'm caught in a love triangle with my KoAloha Tenor and my Blackbird Farallon.

It's tough to choose one, but the good part is they both do what I want, and neither one complains about the other! :cool:

Usually my low g Kala cedar top. I only take the Mainland when I need a reentrant uke. It actually fits my hand better, but the mahogany just sounds kind of mushy to me. They're my only two besides the banjouke I built. I want to play better before I take it out.
My mopeds though I trade through all the time or they get jealous lol!

Lately it has been my Ohana SK-38. It is a blemished model, but I am working on some cool things with him! If you look close he is all sorts of dinged up because he is my circus uke.

eXsmNq2uwca2zxnV9

Top Bottom