Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Guitalele with 20 inch scale

Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, gilles T! Your key words "baritone guitalele" works for me. This one is 20 inch with 1 7/8 nut width. Thanks.

Does any one on here own one of these? I contacted the company and sent an e-mail about free shipping, customs, etc. I am now waiting a reply.

Quote Originally Posted by yahalele View Post
    Hi, Johnny! There are some 21 and 19 inch models but 20 inch models are not so many. We have found these 4 models so far. There is huge price range.

I could easily fall in love with a Kanile'a GL-6 or better, however, I am not sure it is worth a divorce due to price to obtain one. The Romero Baritone 6 is also a beautiful and desirable instrument. This AS is hell. If I could just get the wife to love playing guitar and love it, then I could buy her one for Christmas or birthday. So, back on earth, I am considering a Cordoba Mini or SSG-8. Still reseaching both.

Thanks to everyone for the information.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysmash View Post
    I could easily fall in love with a Kanile'a GL-6 or better, however, I am not sure it is worth a divorce due to price to obtain one. The Romero Baritone 6 is also a beautiful and desirable instrument. This AS is hell. If I could just get the wife to love playing guitar and love it, then I could buy her one for Christmas or birthday. So, back on earth, I am considering a Cordoba Mini or SSG-8. Still reseaching both.

Thanks to everyone for the information.
    Very limited experience here, but I have played a Cordoba Mini M and I liked it a lot.
    Sopranos: aNueNue Khaya Mahogany 1, Bruko No. 6; Kiwaya KS-1; Kiwaya KTS-4; Kiwaya KTS-4K; Martin S-O
    Concerts:Cahaya CY-0112; Kiwaya KTC-1; Martin C-1 (ca. 1947-1955); Musicguymic's Kolohe
    Tenors: Cordoba 24T; Kiwaya KTT-2K
    Baritones: Cordoba 24B

I have a RC Baritone 6, GL-6 and a Mini R. The Mini R is great for only two bills but the Baritone 6 and GL-6 are so much better in terms of tone and feel the Mini never comes out of the case anymore. Of the three I prefer the sound and playability of the Baritone 6: perfect balance between bass and trebles, long sustain, plenty of overtones and a delicate voice extremely responsive to color changes. The balance of the instrument is also perfect and I can play it sitting down, with a strap or crossed legged on the floor and it kinda floats and lets my hands move freely. However, I find the 49mm nut a little on the small size and have to be careful I don't mute adjacent strings. The GL-6 is a bit of a strange bird with a super tenor body and really long neck (joins at the 16th fret!). It's shockingly neck heavy and really only playable with a strap or footstool (classical style). With that said, it has a more traditional classical guitar like tone than the Baritone 6 and the wider nut is a joy to play on. String resistance is on the stiff side so it needs to be more lightly strung than a tenor or baritone ukulele.

Jim, you have a lot of post. About when, month and year if possible would be helpful. I looked through about 5 pages but there is many more.

The Mini has a 20"scale and the Mini II has a 22 inch scale, is that correct? I ask because on Amazon I could only find Mini II with a 22 inch scale.
    You are correct, the Mini has a 20” scale length. The new Mini II has a larger body and a 22” scale length. The Cordoba website gives all the details, it is an excellent source of info.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Jim, you have a lot of post. About when, month and year if possible would be helpful. I looked through about 5 pages but there is many more.
    Sorry, I missed this response. Here are a few links:
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...guilele-tuning
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...oba-vs-C1M-1-4
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...-Quick-Comparo

Not mine:
    https://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...Mini-R-Guilele
    Ukulele:
    Iriguchi Tenor "Weeble" - A, WoU Clarity
    Blue Star 19" baritone Konablaster - DGBE
    Cocobolo 16" SC#1-gCEA, SC SLMU
    Ono #42 19" baritone, Ab, LW
    Imua iET-Bb, M600
    Covered Bridge CLN pineapple - Eb cuatro, SC XLL
    Rogue bari
    Bonanza super tenor, cFAD SC LHU
    Kala KSLNG, Eb SC XLU
    Flea soprano, C LW
    Hanson 5-string tenor, dGCEA
    Bonanza SLN GCEA
    Bonanzalele concert
    Guitars:
    Jupiter #47, G, TI CF127

!Flukutronic!

The Kmise (available on Amazon) has a 21" scale. Not very expensive.
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    “Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum, et tertium non datur. To err is human; to persevere in error is diabolical; there is no third option.”
    Seneca the Younger
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

Well I have been having second thoughts about Guitalele and my short scale guitars. My Yamaha CS40 has a 23 inch scale. But my Aria A 20-53 has a 21 inch scale. So basically I have a Guitalele with a little larger body than normal for a Guitalele. Would there be much difference in the sound of the Aria as compared with the Guitalele.? Would strings for a 21 inch scale Guitalele work and sound right on a 21 inch scale guitar?

Are any of them Steel string?

Well I have been having second thoughts about Guitalele and my short scale guitars. My Yamaha CS40 has a 23 inch scale. But my Aria A 20-53 has a 21 inch scale. So basically I have a Guitalele with a little larger body than normal for a Guitalele. Would there be much difference in the sound of the Aria as compared with the Guitalele.? Would strings for a 21 inch scale Guitalele work and sound right on a 21 inch scale guitar?
    Here is the tricky part.......tuning. A “guitalele” is usually or typically tuned A-A the guitar is E-E. Strings are very different diameters and tensions. You can tune a guitalele E-E using high tension classical guitar strings, I have that on my Pepe Romero which is a 20” scale.
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

Thread Information