Hello from a Beginner

benjismiller

Reaction score
Hi my name is Ben and I'm 25 from Suffolk, England. I have no previous musical experience apart from a Canjo (so no music theory knowledge or chords etc). I toyed with the idea of learning Uke and found one brand new in a charity shop local to me. It's an Octopus soprano I saw it gets decent reviews on YouTube and it had Aquila Nylgut strings fitted too for the sum of £12 so happy purchase. Now to get on with the learning. Look forward to the knowledge you all share.

Hi my name is Ben and I'm 25 from Suffolk, England. I have no previous musical experience apart from a Canjo (so no music theory knowledge or chords etc). I toyed with the idea of learning Uke and found one brand new in a charity shop local to me. It's an Octopus soprano I saw it gets decent reviews on YouTube and it had Aquila Nylgut strings fitted too for the sum of £12 so happy purchase. Now to get on with the learning. Look forward to the knowledge you all share.

Welcome to UU! Lots of great info here!

Welcome!
The Ukulele is easy to learn, difficult to master ��
Having played for ~15 years, and self taught, my suggestion is to try to use the recommended fingerings.
For example, it is easier to play a C with your pointer finger, but as you advance and learn more chords, you will understand why using your ring or little finger is a better choice.
It’s all about ‘muscle memory’.

And above all...

Have fun!

Welcome to UU Benjismiller!
Ton of info available to you here!

Greetings from the East Midlands! You will enjoy your 'learning journey' and the fun along the way!

Top Bottom