Thread: String twangy

Default String twangy

On the bottom string I get a strange twangy sound when using my index finger but if I use my thumb it sounds fine , is it a technique issue or does my finger need softening or something.

It's probably a technique thing resulting from pulling up on or tearing at the string. Focus on displacing the string toward the soundboard/fretboard plane. If it helps, imagine yourself pushing through the string and focus on how the finger addresses, applies pressure to, and releases the string.
    "Who hears music, feels his solitude Peopled at once -- for how count heart-beats plain / Unless a company, with hearts which beat, / Come close to the musician, seen or no?" - Robert Browning, "Balaustion's Adventure"

Quote Originally Posted by bacchettadavid View Post
    It's probably a technique thing resulting from pulling up on or tearing at the string. Focus on displacing the string toward the soundboard/fretboard plane. If it helps, imagine yourself pushing through the string and focus on how the finger addresses, applies pressure to, and releases the string.
    Thanks David I will give this a go .

Thread Information