Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Should I get a travel uke or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Bill1 View Post
    Tonight is the last full moon of the decade. Apparently it rises at 12:12PM and its 12/12/19. What a great day to get a Moon Bird. Which is what I think you have sensibly bought.
    Wow! thank you for the meaningful information, Bill.

Guess the uke god works in mysterious ways.
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1
    Check out my ukulele themed paintings in UU forum thread

Congratulations on the outstanding “travel uke”. I guess the new meaning of travel uke is.......what uke did you buy on your travels
    Currently enjoying these ukuleles : *LdfM tenor, *LfdM 19" super tenor. *LfdM baritone, *I'iwi tenor , *Koolau tenor, *Webber tenor, *Kimo tenor, *Kimo super concert, *Mya Moe baritone, *Kamaka baritone, *Gianinni baritone, *Fred Shields walnut pineapple super soprano, *Kala super soprano, *Loprinzi super soprano, *Black bear ULO concert , *Enya X1 concert, *Enya X1 pineapple soprano, *Enya Nova *Gretsch tenor, *Korala plastic concert

First off, congrats on the Moonbird. I love mine.

Since I last posted, I made my trip from Utah to Florida and back with my Blackbird Clara. I decided to get a Reunion Blues case for travel & it worked like a charm. It's a beefy soft case with hideaway backpack straps that worked great for carrying it at the TBUG Uke festival for 3 days. I felt safe with it in the overhead on the airplane. It fit perfect in all the different planes I flew on, and I had zero issues with Delta. I had considered the Fusion bag, and while it's a nice bag, it only comes in soprano & concert/tenor sizes. The concert/tenor would have been too long to fit standing on it's side in the overhead.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006 (Living Waters)
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018 (Blackwater)
    Blackbird Clara - 2019 (Oasis Bright)
    Cocobolo concert - 2019 (Worth Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by DownUpDave View Post
    Congratulations on the outstanding “travel uke”. I guess the new meaning of travel uke is.......what uke did you buy on your travels
    Haha! Thank you Dave. I got absolutely zero intention to buy any uke while at the aNueNue shop. Then one thing leads to another!
    aNueNue Moon Bird US200 || Kamaka HF-1 || Martin S-1 Uke || Eddy Finn EFTS-20-S || Kala KA-SLNG || Martin C1K Uke || Yamaha GL1

Quote Originally Posted by RafterGirl View Post
    First off, congrats on the Moonbird. I love mine.

Since I last posted, I made my trip from Utah to Florida and back with my Blackbird Clara. I decided to get a Reunion Blues case for travel & it worked like a charm. It's a beefy soft case with hideaway backpack straps that worked great for carrying it at the TBUG Uke festival for 3 days. I felt safe with it in the overhead on the airplane. It fit perfect in all the different planes I flew on, and I had zero issues with Delta. I had considered the Fusion bag, and while it's a nice bag, it only comes in soprano & concert/tenor sizes. The concert/tenor would have been too long to fit standing on it's side in the overhead.
    Thank you Raftergirl! Guess I’m a fellow moon birder now. But mine is a soprano moon bird. I wil be using the aNueNue blue hard case for my flight back. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the suggested options on the travel uke bag!

That blue aNueNue case is a tank, so you shouldn't have any issues on the airplane. I'd be sunk if I ever went into the aNueNue shop.
    My ukulele family.....
    KoAloha Koa concert - circa 2006 (Living Waters)
    aNueNue Moon Bird concert - Spruce & Rosewood - 2018 (Blackwater)
    Blackbird Clara - 2019 (Oasis Bright)
    Cocobolo concert - 2019 (Worth Brown)

Quote Originally Posted by RafterGirl View Post
    That blue aNueNue case is a tank, so you shouldn't have any issues on the airplane. I'd be sunk if I ever went into the aNueNue shop.
    Glad to hear that! The blue case does look super sturdy and has really cushy interior. Well I conceded to UAS Attack the moment I got in. All the bird ukes, moon birds, koa birds (3k, 5k) etc are hanging on the wall and the staff just simply said, “ help yourself!” and left me and my wife, alone with their ukes. No one on UU would be able to resist that.

Quote Originally Posted by AustinHing View Post
    Well, if to buy a new uke while in japan, it would be an obligation to get the kiwaya! Haha, wifey will not allow this to happen.. that would be a dream for me.
    Such a sensible wife. She knew the aNueNue would be a much better choice!

Congrats!!! One of those moon birds is tops on my list...maybe next year for my 40th birthday?? (UAS is such a pernicious thing) Enjoy your beautiful, perfect “travel Uke” and post some videos! ��

Quote Originally Posted by rainbow21 View Post
    Such a sensible wife. She knew the aNueNue would be a much better choice!
    I must say she is!

Well, while at the aNueNue shop 2 days ago, I tried convincing myself to get a cheaper uke to curb the UAS Attack. But my dear wife told me not to get that as I have plenty of that at home. She compared the cheap ukes as Toyota cars and suggest that I should go for the Rolls Royce instead.

I slept on it and today I went back to the aNueNue shop. The rest is history.

Thread Information