Tenor KoAloha Sceptre secomd best?

Jr macy

Reaction score
Ok i do play but my current uke now sounds horrible to me! I heard claudies theme played on a Tenor KoAloha Sceptre. I really want to get that sound quality. My local uke shop only has corodoba or kala. None of the ones they had appealed to me! So now its time for a rode trip. So im not a millionaire but do want the best uke to give me that sound quality!

Please don't bug my spelling etc.

Look for a used Opio by Koaloha. I have a longneck soprano that is just amazing and I found it used, well played and far from perfect.

Road trip, sure... but where are you? There are lots of ukes and music shops that can be recommended, but your location is a key.

I've got a KoAloha Sceptre. It is fantastic. But I've got several others I also think are great - top of the line is the Donaldson concert uke that was built for me. Then the Sceptre. I've got a couple of sopranos that I love, (Donaldson, Timms) and the Ohana concerts, and the Ohana Vita ukes. Bang for buck, if you can try a Vita Uke, I'd say to go for it. My Fluke Tenor has a much darker tone that the other tenors I have, but I like it. And I've got a very nice Cordoba TM-20 - no electronics, just a very nice, mellow tenor. (I've heard that the quality of the TM-20 ukes was widely variable, but mine was sweet, and needed no additional set-up out of the box.)

If you can't do a road trip, and you are on a budget, try these three (All UU members) Mim's Ukes, Uke Republic, Mainland Ukes.

Good luck!

-Kurt​

Top Bottom