Season 391: Sowing Seeds of Joy

occasional seasonista, and full time mighty bluesman heino, just posted over on youtube about how various health issues are making it really hard for him to play right now. he is a phenomenally encouraging supporter of so many uke-ers and guitar people, i wrote a little song for him and thought it might fit here too.

"a song for you"

Mental Note for me - I got to look and feel more happier when I perform (which I am on the inside :D )
Oh yes - this is a problem for me too! I find it completely impossible to concentrate and look happy! :confused:

This song was released two years before I was born. As a kid I found it in my parents’ record collection and instantly loved it - I still do. And I’ve always found it hugely uplifting.

Here is an original song I started working on ages ago but never managed to finish until now. Think it is fitting for this weeks theme as it is a celebration to everyday life. It is called Everyday and I am playing my Fanner Guitar Works Jazzy Baritone Steelstring uke. All the best to you all and sorry if I haven't been around much lately. Life seems to come in the way of uke'ing lately.

Kelly, I had ambitious plans to do several songs this week. Then I was floored by a nasty head cold. So I looked for something short and cheerful and not too taxing. And since it was the last song Arthur Godfrey and his baritone use got on the charts, why not?

I hope you got some of what you were seeking from the season. Great theme!

I did write a song for this week but I haven’t had time to put it to a tune. It’s a little difficult being that I’m attempting to write it all in one accord the happy cord which is, the F chord.
I mean, gee, I could put in a G chord but I don’t know that I want to because, C, I like to F things up!

Hope you like my lyrics only submission and it makes you smile ( ;

“The F ing F ed Up Song”

Now I’ve always found
sad songs around
they lift my spirits up

Then I heard about a special chord
That’s bound to cheer you up
You’ll find it in most happy songs
So I’m gunna have to F it up!

F F F F. F F F F

It’s fun, it’s feathers, it’s flyin’ high
It’s fabulous fandango