Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 391: Sowing Seeds of Joy

Brian has already commented that this is a sad sounding happy song.True.

This was the song my wife came up with (she's singing along in the background). As it is in Dutch I put translated lyrics on Youtube. This is "Ik ben vandaag zo vrolijk" by Herman van Veen.
    Last edited by xommen; 08-11-2019 at 01:26 AM.
    My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/xommen
    My soundclouds: https://soundcloud.com/wvommen, https://soundcloud.com/uke22live
    The band: http://www.uke22.nl
    My ukes:
    Soprano: Black Korala, Bach Spruce top
    Concert: Epiphone Les Paul, Ohana CKS-15E, Makawao UK 40, Richwood
    Tenor:
    Hudson HUK-T.

Great theme Kelly. Anybody needing a collection of uplifting songs need look no further than Jeremy Messersmith's "11 Obscenely Optimistic Songs For Ukulele" - you can hear them and get the chords for them all on his website, free of charge. Here's one of them.

www.365ukesongs.co.uk - 365 songs in 365 days, raising funds for SolarAid

Soprano - KoAloha KSM-00, Maccaferri Islander....Concert - Barron River Mahogany, Barron River Cypress, MyaMoe Koa, Johnny Marvin "Tenor" ....Sopranino - Rob Collins Cigar Box...all with Worth strings...and a few chords

Smile

Hello Kelly! I bring you balloons and a funny hat ... what could be more uplifting? This song appeared regularly on a children's radio request programme in my youth and is not really one of Sinatra's finest ... but it IS optimistic! I love you all!!!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

I just got back from a three-day family reunion at a place where there's no phone signal and no internet. This is a new recording of a song I did last week for a Facebook group.

Cantor and Penner.
    Last edited by AlanDP; 08-11-2019 at 09:56 AM.
    Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

I find this uplifting. A young woman is going through a difficult time and dealing with it in a humorous way.

Quote Originally Posted by LimousinLil View Post
    The strange thing is that, having thought about it for all of five minutes, all the "positive" songs that come to mind seem to hark back to a period in the last century which ends by about 1960 ... I'm sure that there must be more recent examples of positivity out there!
    there is an ocean of trance, (mostly 90s) dance music specifically designed to make you feel good - i don't quite know if it translates fully to uke! but here's trying, with one of my faves, "sky" by sonique

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

For Season of the Ukulele 391, we’re “Sowing Seeds of Joy”. Kelly’s theme is particularly close to my heart this week as over the past ten months I’ve been going through a very severe case of depression, from which I’m struggling to emerge.
    Here’s “You’ve Got A Friend” by Carole King, for tenor ukulele with singing, and overdubs of Ubass and secondary vocal.
    In the video I thank the many friends who have helped me through my trying times.

Last edited by UkeFoote; 08-11-2019 at 04:53 PM.

So proud of everyone's courage and empathy so far this week. I am so happy that we have this forum of fine people.

Bobby McFerrin song
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Thread Information