WTT - Ken Timms - Koa Sopran Ukulele

Ukador

Reaction score
WTT/WTS - Ken Timms - Koa Sopran Ukulele

Hello there !

I own a beautiful Ken Timms Sopran Ukulele but since I own my Ana'Ole Super Concert Ukulele the Ken Timms is hanging on the wall and I do not feel the desire to pick it up and play it. That's not because its a bad sounding instrument but because a concert body with a tenor neck just feels so much nicer to me.

A life hanging on the wall is nothing that a Ken Timms deserves so I would like to trade it for something else.

In particular I am looking for a nice P or PJ bass. 34" scale. Must be passive. Everything except for a maple fretboard is ok for me. I am also very much into warmoth parts so a p / pj body + a neck package without electronics would be acceptable for me as well. That would allow me to buy the pickups myself.

I bought the Ken Timms Koa Sopran Ukulele new in May 2017. I played it a lot for one year so there are tiny scratches on this Ukulele.

It is made from Koa that Ken received from Chuck Moore. Fretboard is made from Ebony. Bridge is Rosewood. Comes without a case.

There are two "issues" I have to list.

1. You feel the fret edges if you want to feel them. For me its nothing that bothered me or even hurt my fingers but some people are very sensitive concerning fret edges. I guess that for whatever reason the fretboard shrank a wee bit.

2. There are some areas where the french polish suffered and vanished faster than it should be. Below the soundhole and on some places on the neck. Some bass and guitar people call this natural aging/relicing and would pay for it extra :D

You can see everything on the pictures.

I am willing to ship worldwide. My location is Munich (Germany).

Maybe I am willing to sell it but I have no idea what I could ask for it so if you don't have a P Bass but want this Uke you can send me an offer and I will think about it.

Attachments

• DSC_0047_01.jpg
    DSC_0047_01.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 154
  • DSC_0033_01.jpg
    DSC_0033_01.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 181
  • DSC_0025_01.jpg
    DSC_0025_01.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 153
  • DSC_0014_01.jpg
    DSC_0014_01.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 199
  • DSC_0052_01.jpg
    DSC_0052_01.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
One more picture.

The Ukulele is super light. It is barking as you expect it from a Sopran Ukulele. This is a very loud instrument !

Attachments

• DSC_0012_01.jpg
    DSC_0012_01.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Fantastic looking ukulele. The Timms ukuleles I have heard are quite special.

Ken Timms are the most extraordinary instruments. I'm on my second. I had one and like you started to not play it much (for no reason other than I had bought a larger ukulele). I sold it back top the person who sold it to me originally. The moment I sold it, I knew it was a mistake, hence the second one. They are wonderful, light and loud but sweet instruments and in the half dozen or so that Ive played, are usually immaculately built. Good luck and for somebody out there who doesn't know about Ken Timms and who loves slightly idiosyncratic Martin Style instruments...buy one (if you can find one).

Hello there !

I own a beautiful Ken Timms Sopran Ukulele but since I own my Ana'Ole Super Concert Ukulele the Ken Timms is hanging on the wall and I do not feel the desire to pick it up and play it. That's not because its a bad sounding instrument but because a concert body with a tenor neck just feels so much nicer to me.

A life hanging on the wall is nothing that a Ken Timms deserves so I would like to trade it for something else.

In particular I am looking for a nice P or PJ bass. 34" scale. Must be passive. Everything except for a maple fretboard is ok for me. I am also very much into warmoth parts so a p / pj body + a neck package without electronics would be acceptable for me as well. That would allow me to buy the pickups myself.

I bought the Ken Timms Koa Sopran Ukulele new in May 2017. I played it a lot for one year so there are tiny scratches on this Ukulele.

It is made from Koa that Ken received from Chuck Moore. Fretboard is made from Ebony. Bridge is Rosewood. Comes without a case.

There are two "issues" I have to list.

1. You feel the fret edges if you want to feel them. For me its nothing that bothered me or even hurt my fingers but some people are very sensitive concerning fret edges. I guess that for whatever reason the fretboard shrank a wee bit.

2. There are some areas where the french polish suffered and vanished faster than it should be. Below the soundhole and on some places on the neck. Some bass and guitar people call this natural aging/relicing and would pay for it extra :D

You can see everything on the pictures.

I am willing to ship worldwide. My location is Munich (Germany).

Maybe I am willing to sell it but I have no idea what I could ask for it so if you don't have a P Bass but want this Uke you can send me an offer and I will think about it.

I'm curious based on finish wear locations...how long are your finger nails?

Hey there !

Since there seems to be no interest in a trade I would like to offer this Ken Timms for sale.

I am based in Germany but I am willing to ship this Ukulele worldwide via DHL. I have no case but I will pack it safely. If you are not happy with this you can send me a case or let me buy a case for you. As long as you pay the shipping costs and as long as you understand that you might have to handle customs on your own when the Uke arrives in your country I am fine with it.

I accept payment in Euro only.

You can pay by Paypal (Family & Friends only), cash when you would like to pick it up in Munich, payment by bank transfer if you bear any possible transfer fees.

My asking price for the Uke is 600 EUR

SUCH a BEAUTIFUL Timms!! If you were in the States, I'd probably have to purchase it, but the heat currently (that has cause Mr. Timms to halt shipment himself) makes me resist. I can't imagine someone closer to you won't jump at the deal. I think your price is more than fair.

Mahalo!

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is currently strung with DR Moonbeams.

If you buy this Uke I will add a new set of Aquila Carbonblack strings, a new set of D'Addadrio EJ99SC Fluorcarbon strings and the rest of the DR Moonbeams set.

Hey there !

I want this to move quick so going down to 550 EUR + Shipping to wherever you live

I'll bid.

John Colter.

Bidders are hidden, Ukador! :)
This is a beauty!!!
Would you accept ... :p Lol
Good Luck!

All's well that ends well. My bid was in at the death, but fell short. It went for a good price.

Congratulations,

John Colter.

Top Bottom