Uke T.i.P.s: Thinking in C

Jim Hanks

Reaction score

Nice video. I do something similar because I learned baritone chords first, and they're still much more familiar to me than standard C tuning.

Nice video. I do something similar because I learned baritone chords first, and they're still much more familiar to me than standard C tuning.

Right. Your "C" instrument can be baritone (or guitar) just as easily. If I hadn't been away from guitar for so long (decades) when I started uke, I might have done the same. Kinda wished I had now that I've branched out into U-Bass and guitalele.

Great video by King of different tuning. Very concise. Sound is very clear even on my tablet, Jim. Thank you for posting.

It does get a bit fun when I'm playing with my friend and one of us is on baritone and the other is not. We're both used to baritone/guitar chords, so I usually get to do mental gymnastics transposing in my head on the fly. Sure, I could open the song up on my own laptop, but this is the only place I get to use music theory nowadays, and I like music theory enough, so I don't mind.

Top Bottom