Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 28 of 28

Thread: New Super Soprano Building Thread

  1. #21
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    277

    Default

    Brad,

    What tuners are you using on this one? Stunning!

    Bill

  2. #22
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Kekaha, Kauai
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Those are Stew-Mac Waverly friction tuners with koa knobs.
    Brad
    Bradford Donaldson
    Kekaha, HI and Cannon Beach OR
    bradfordj48@outlook.com

  3. #23

    Default

    What a little beauty! Congratulations cogfasser! I'm the proud keeper of the ukulele you posted the photo of earlier. It has had a lot of adventures in the seven years I've enjoyed playing it. The more it wears in the better it sounds.
    Hello Brad. I'm so happy to hear that you're back building these little jewels. I hope you and your family are well.
    I'm lucky to have gathered together a lot of nice vintage ukuleles over the years, but this is the one that was made for me and should the others have to go, the one I'll be keeping.
    Here's a video shot on holiday in Italy a few years back. There are a few more in the playlist.


    Also an example that you don't need small hands to play a soprano
    Wishing you health to enjoy your new instrument. (And top work as usual, Brad!)

  4. #24

    Default

    Whoops! Duplicate post...
    Last edited by minipixel; 09-11-2019 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Double post

  5. #25
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Location
    Kekaha, Kauai
    Posts
    133

    Default

    Hey Philip, nice to hear from you and thanks for your nice comments. I am doing well at the moment and very pleased and excited to be building again.
    Brad
    Bradford Donaldson
    Kekaha, HI and Cannon Beach OR
    bradfordj48@outlook.com

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    I loved that! Where did you find the music for it?

    And the ukulele sounds absolutely wonderful. That you've hung onto it for seven years says a lot, and that you like to play more than your others says even more.

    Brad, your ukes are gorgeous. I can't wait to see some in person.

    Teri

    Quote Originally Posted by minipixel View Post
    What a little beauty! Congratulations cogfasser! I'm the proud keeper of the ukulele you posted the photo of earlier. It has had a lot of adventures in the seven years I've enjoyed playing it. The more it wears in the better it sounds.
    Hello Brad. I'm so happy to hear that you're back building these little jewels. I hope you and your family are well.
    I'm lucky to have gathered together a lot of nice vintage ukuleles over the years, but this is the one that was made for me and should the others have to go, the one I'll be keeping.
    Here's a video shot on holiday in Italy a few years back. There are a few more in the playlist.


    Also an example that you don't need small hands to play a soprano
    Wishing you health to enjoy your new instrument. (And top work as usual, Brad!)

  7. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ziret View Post
    I loved that! Where did you find the music for it?

    Teri
    Hi Teri, I had learned an arrangement from the Ukulele Dav & Arnaud D website - PDF here
    My friend Brian (Playing guitar in the video) adapted it into a duet and uploaded the score here.

    Hope you have fun with it!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    1,172

    Default

    Thank you! I was playing with it a little yesterday by ear, this is much better. Now to find a guitarist...

    Quote Originally Posted by minipixel View Post
    Hi Teri, I had learned an arrangement from the Ukulele Dav & Arnaud D website - PDF here
    My friend Brian (Playing guitar in the video) adapted it into a duet and uploaded the score here.

    Hope you have fun with it!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •