Koaloha KTM-00 Tenor, all koa

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukeinfused

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Straight up in the hopes of a quick sell:
I recently snapped up this one (impulse buy) on Reverb when the price was suddenly reduced from $850 to $650:
EDIT NOTE: This is the listing I purchased, shown here just to show pictures!

Koaloha KTM-00 tenor ukulele 2013 Solid koa wood https://reverb.com/item/25754549-ko...-wood?utm_source=android-app&utm_medium=share

Near new, but coupla neck dings.
Fortunately, the dings actually look better (show less) than the Reverb photos, and the rest of it looks like new.
Happy to text or email more photos if you like. (UU site is unwieldy)

Sounds fantastic with the Worth Browns on it. (Sorry, I'm not equipped to provide sound samples.)
Comes with a nice Oasis black arched case.

I've gotten to play with it but am a soprano/concert girl at heart, and have my first custom (a super soprano) on the way, and have too many ukes.

Yours for what I paid, $650 plus shipping, PayPal.
Firm, no reductions. I can ship Friday morning.

Please email tanders5 at MSN dot com

Last edited:
Oops, of course not all koa (I was wrong in the title), but solid koa body. I believe the fretboard is rosewood and neck is mahogany. I bet someone here knows.
Stamp inside is June 2013, although you'd hardly know it.

I didn't post other pics because posting pics on UU is so hairy on my phone (and I don't have a PC). I realized I should try and put photos on Google, especially the "proof" time stamp one that I always forget...

In the meantime, one interested party helped me with relevant questions:

-Is that a removable pickups? Just clipped on the bridge and no drilling/modification?
It was just slid in under the saddle, not there anymore. No modifications or drilling, no strap pegs either.

-What is the action height?
It's definitely been set up: by my old wooden ruler, 1/8 inch at the 12th fret, not much more than a credit card at the first fret, no buzzing. The nut surprised me at 1.5 inch - much wider than the concert Koaloha I had (and not my preference).

-Any previous repairs or items needing repairs?
Nope. Unbelievably near new condition.

-Any major/non cosmetic damage?
Nope. Unbelievably near new condition.

-Any nicks, dings, dents or scratches other than the two on the neck?
Unbelievably near new for a 2013, apart from those in the neck. I can hardly find signs of playwear: one tiny additional dent ding under the bridge (string change, I suspect), another tiny dent or scratch where you'd usually see strum playwear. Neither are through the finish and I'm not sure if I could photograph them.

-Has it been stored around cigarette smoke or are there any odors in the instrument or case?
Nope, I'm pretty sensitive and would notice.

-Is there any warping on the soundboard, around the bridge or along the book matching?
Nope. I can place a flat edge on the top. Back is slightly bowled, I'm sure it was made that way.
Neck is straight.

-Has the it been humidified (if climate required)? And if so, how?
I've only had it this summer, but it sure looks like it.

-Can you feel the fret edges as you run your hand up and down the side of the neck?
Nope, fretboard is bound.

Last edited:
This uke is in MN, 55104.

Without a scale it's so hard to come up with accurate shipping estimates!

Advice about shipping to far off states of CA and WA appreciated. Is it too hazardous to ship Ground through the desert in the summer time?

Last edited:
Surprised this one didn't go!
This is 48% of new retail price of $1359, plus a nice case (makes up for additional shipping price).

Those neck dings in no way affect playability. She looks and plays great.

If I put up my own photos here would that help anyone? I know I was being lazy by posting the Reverb link.
Otherwise she's going to Reverb soon.

Surprised this one didn't go!
This is 48% of new retail price of $1359, plus a nice case (makes up for additional shipping price).

Those neck dings in no way affect playability. She looks and plays great.

If I put up my own photos here would that help anyone? I know I was being lazy by posting the Reverb link.
Otherwise she's going to Reverb soon.

Hey there. I'm not in the market, which is why I didn't reply previously but the reverb link said "the item is no longer listed." Posting photos might help :)

Hey there. I'm not in the market, which is why I didn't reply previously but the reverb link said "the item is no longer listed." Posting photos might help :)

OOPS! I only posted that link to show the pictures.
I'm actually selling this uke from home.
I should have known that might cause a problem.
I'm going out of town this weekend, but will try to post a few before I go...
THANKS for your reply!

OK, here's my photos.
The neck dings are there but not that noticeable, and to me they are overshadowed by the beautiful woodgrain of the koa body, which is in like new condition.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/YX4BfbhkpSYpp3RQ6

I've had multiple folks interested but from people who don't want to pay shipping... not quite what I had in mind, LOL.

Here's what I'll do: I'll charge $70 for shipping to the west coast (California, Washington) and $60 everywhere else. If shipping costs less, I will refund the overage via PayPal. If it costs more I'll eat the loss.

If you don't need a tenor case, I can also leave it out, which would reduce weight considerably. (But I think this Oasis arched hardshell is around $70 on HMS inclusive of shipping!)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom