Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Martin OXK

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Sheehan View Post
    I often wonder if maybe we should officially start pronouncing Uranus to sound like "you RAN us"-- just to avoid the snickering that inevitably starts whenever the poor planet's name is mentioned! And I'm probably one of the worst offenders! On the other hand, a little snickering makes life more fun!
    Most people now say "YOUR-an-us," except to be funny.
    Too many ukes, but I can't stop buying!
    https://www.catskillukulelegroup.com/

Hahahahaha! Yes! By the way, not to further hijack this thread, but I often wonder why the Martin S-0 (made in Mexico) doesn't seem to get much love. I recently picked one up for around $225, and I am really liking it. I like its non-extended fretboard, and its "fatter" frets. I have Martin M-600 strings on it, tuned to aDF#B, and it has a wonderful voice and intonates very accurately. Granted, it is built without any kind of "lining" inside, so I worry a little about the top or back separating off from the sides, but it seems really fine so far, and is feather-light. Simple and elegant. If I were to have just one ukulele, this would probably be it.

Hey , I'm a big fan of the underrated Martin SO. I like them so much I have 2 . I leave one on my coffee table all year round , I've done this for at least 10 years with no problems.
    I have vintage Martins , the SO is the one I play the most .
    " Anything larger than a soprano is cheating "
    " I'm no luthier but ,........"

Awesome! Thanks, Pete! Mine bears the serial number 12,437. If you or anyone might have an idea as to what year this might have been made, I'd sure be interested to know that. Otherwise, I once again apologize for side-tracking the thread, and wish everyone a great Sunday!

Quote Originally Posted by Ukecaster View Post
    These guys are blowing out the OXK and every color of the bamboo OX for $218.88 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/guitarhotli...p2047675.l2562
    Tempting, but my Martin OXK seems so durable that I don't think I'll ever need another one.

Thread Information