Oscar Schmidt - byebye

Cliffp

Reaction score
Hi,
It looks like Oscar Schmidt will be closing down soon. All their web links are dead . To Bad, I liked their Ukuleles :(
I called up the 1-800 number to tell them and they don't seem concerned at all .

If you go to Washburn.com, Oscar Schmidt is now linked at the top of the page. The link isn’t active yet, but it was never even there before. My guess is US Music Corp is merging their web presences. Makes sense, it is “Oscar Schmidt by Washburn” after all.

I heard it personally from a USM product rep a couple years back that they sell way more Oscar than Washburn these days. So I doubt Oscar is going bye bye.

I hope you are correct river_driver. Although I do not own an Oscar Schmidt, I have played and admired their products.
And, besides, there can never be too many Ukulele Manufacturers.

You may notice that the Oscar Schmidt Ukuleles are quickly becoming Backordered. I found out that the Asia factory making them had a bad fire at the beginning of 2019. Instruments flow will start again in 2020 once factory is rebuilt !

My first ukulele was an Oscar Shmidt solid KOA concert (OU280SWK). That was back before I had heard of UU, HMS,Mim, Uke Republic etc. It was a very nice little uke, and unusually flamy grain. I remember it quite fondly!

Top Bottom