WTT: KoAloha/Opio Long Neck Soprano for Concert Banjolele

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal

Reaction score
I have a lovely KoAloha Opio long neck soprano, which I received as a trade. I wanted to try a long neck soprano, and it's great. But it gets very little playing time from me, which makes me feel bad.

Lately, I'm into playing the concert banjolele. I've got a Little Gem and a Gold Tone BUC, which I enjoy. I'd like to trade this KoAloha for a quality concert (not tenor) banjolele, just so I have a basis to compare the different concert banjoleles to what I already have. I'd be interested in a Kala, Lanikai, different version of Gold Tone, or some other quality trade.

I'm not interested in Deerings or Fleas. They seem like quality instruments, but they have different specs than what I prefer.

Or, if you're interested in purchasing the KoAloha, I'd consider a fair offer.

Please send a PM if you're interested. Thanks.

IMG_3491.jpgIMG_3492.jpgIMG_3493.jpgIMG_3494.jpgIMG_3495.jpg

I had a BUT for awhile. If you have the BUC, I don't know that there's much better out there until you get to the likes of Southern Cross (no longer building banjo ukes) or Beansprout, both of which are much more expensive. If you want something similar, but less banjo-like, there is the Bonanzalele.

I had a BUT for awhile. If you have the BUC, I don't know that there's much better out there until you get to the likes of Southern Cross (no longer building banjo ukes) or Beansprout, both of which are much more expensive. If you want something similar, but less banjo-like, there is the Bonanzalele.

Jim, you're always a fountain of information. Much appreciated. I'd never heard of the Bonanzalele. I actually do have a Beansprout on order, but that will be the banjo uke that gets extra care and attention and be just for me to play. I want a few that can be around the house if someone other than me picks it up. The Gold Tone is very impressive for its price, which makes it low stress to share with my kids or whomever comes by. I'm finding that one can never have enough resonator or banjo ukes. I just love them. So even if someone trades something comparable to the Gold Tone, that will be fun.

Hey, there was a Southern Cross on FMM yesterday. Just sayin :p

If you really want the banjo sound, you probably don't want the Bonanzalele. I have one on order specifically because it has "a little" of that banjo sound. We'll see just how much when it gets here, probably a few more weeks. :)

Bump. Is there any interest here?

One more photo. headstock.jpg There's a slight ding beneath the left part of the logo on the head stock. I'm not sure if it's visible, but I wanted to be sure to include the photo.

You'll get better response as a sale item, not too many use banjo ukes, in comparison to regular ukes, so a sale will likely see it go quite quickly.

I've got a trade for a Southen Cross banjolele, which is on its way. Thanks, everyone. This forum is great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom