Thread: Wanted - vintage Martin ukuleles

Default Wanted - vintage Martin ukuleles

Looking to add some old Martins to my ukulele room. Anything up to and including Style 5K. Let me know what you are looking to sell.

I have 4 a 1919 1M, 1934-35 1M, 1936-41 1M and a 1923-27 2M. All from the rescue room, all players, all for sale, see your Private Message Box
    Last edited by PetalumaRescuke; 08-17-2019 at 05:35 AM. Reason: complete last line

Quote Originally Posted by Tigershark View Post
    Looking to add some old Martins to my ukulele room. Anything up to and including Style 5K. Let me know what you are looking to sell.

My soprano playing days are behind me, and Iíve got two vintage Martin Style 1s that donít get any playing time anymore. Iíve been meaning to post them for sale, but havenít gotten around to it yet.

One is from the early 1930s (bar frets, rosewood binding. The other is likely from the later 1930s, but Iíd have to verify. Both are terrific players with great, low action. Both have that signature vintage-Martin mahogany voice. The earlier one has a long, tight but unrepaired crack on the back panel that should be an easy fix for a tech, luthier or competent DIYer. The newer one is crack-free. Both will come with a case.

I havenít taken pictures, recorded sound samples or even priced them yet, but if youíre interested, let me know and that will give me impetus to get off my behind and do it. Not looking to turn a profit on these; just want to cash out for what I have into them (which is less than their market value).

Send me a private message if youíre interested. Thanks.
    "The ukulele is the thinking man's violin." - Krusty the Clown

Email me if you want to see a 20's Martin O model.
    Sounds great but has a couple of hairline back cracks that should be repaired. A “project uke“ I decided I don't need after all.
    Cheap!
    I would send you pics, but UU is very difficult to work without a PC. (I use my phone only.)
    Tanders5 at MSN dot com
    Tracie

Island Koa Instruments, prototype sop, Peter Howlett #153
    Kamaka white label sop (Tiki added!)
    Martin O sop, 1920's
    Martin O sop, 1960's
    Bruko Cedar/Mahogany archback
    Anuenue Khaya I sop
    Kala Elite 1MHG sop
    Lanikai SPS-S spruce top sop
    Sawchyn hog concert (semi-custom, Martin 0 copy)
    Kala KA-ASOV-C
    Kala Elite 1MHG tenor SN

Thread Information