Hey from the Midwest

Teddy

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to stop by and introduce myself. I've been playing guitar off and on for a few years and recently picked up the ukulele. It's been a lot of fun so far! I've definitely found my comfort zone in the concert and tenor size.

I picked up some books: Ukulele Jazz, Duets for One and Ukulele from Scratch. Does anyone else have any favorite recommendedations?

Aloha and welcome from the northern Midwest. Lots of us ex-guitar players here!

What style of music do you like and what would you say your skill level is? There is lots of good stuff out there - just want to guide you to what you want.

Enjoy

Aloha and welcome from the northern Midwest. Lots of us ex-guitar players here!

What style of music do you like and what would you say your skill level is? There is lots of good stuff out there - just want to guide you to what you want.

Enjoy

Thanks for the welcome! I'd say I'm pretty good at following tabs but don't know a ton of theory. Making the chords and strumming hasn't been too challenging; E major chord is no problem if that's a test at all.

I keep thinking I want to learn Jazz and over the years I fiddled with Micky Baker's jazz book. But really I think I just like jazzy sounding songs if that makes sense? Like I'm not trying to improvise some crazy progressions or solos, more along the lines of playing some melodies mixed with chords to fill out the song with just myself playing.

Last edited:
Top Bottom