[B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

Randy, Randy, Randy! I had to pop in and say hi... I've just watched your lovely video with your big, bright smile and my heart is full, dear friend... I would love to do a video, a Beatles number or George Formby, but I can't sing now and haven't done any videos for over a year... that sounds lame but I think you'll understand. It would be an honour to do a song for you... wish I could. Thanks for the music, the fab videos, the ever-present twinkle in your eye... sending love....Lesley

Lesley, how wonderful of you to stop by Randy's party!!!! Means the world to all of us! Cheers, dear friend! Linda :)

One thing I've always admirerd about Randy has been his creative use of the greenscreen. His effects on the video editor have always added to the mirth found in his very nature, and feel lucky to have been able to have seen both in my time here at the Seasons. Thank you, Randy.

This is an old song that was first sung by singing cowboy Gene Autry in the 1939 movie of the same title. But it was also recorded by one of Randy's favorite bands, Riders in the Sky.

Once more I have bitten over more than I could chew, and end up posting on a sunday because I spend too much time arranging and trying to learn it.

I would like to learn it well enough to do it live in one take, but since I will not miss the chance to take my har off for Harry. You can't see it, since there is not video, but I not wearing a hat while recording :).

Randy once had a 1930's theme, and this is from the 1930's.
Also, I first heard it in the cover by The Asylum Street Spankers, a band that I know Randy also likes.

Last edited:
Once more I have bitten over more than I could chew, and end up posting on a sunday because I spend too much time arranging and trying to learn it.

I would like to learn it well enough to do it live in one take, but since I will not miss the chance to take my har off for Harry. You can't see it, since there is not video, but I not wearing a hat while recording :).

Randy once had a 1930's theme, and this is from the 1930's.
Also, I first heard it in the cover by The Asylum Street Spankers, a band that I know Randy also likes.

Viking, thanks for bringing along the audio! My Safari browser won't open it though. Can you double check the post on your end. Thanks, Mikkel!

Viking, thanks for bringing along the audio! My Safari browser won't open it though. Can you double check the post on your end. Thanks, Mikkel!

Oh, thanks, I believe the link works now.
Though it doesnt show the video embedded like it usually does.

Randy posted a lovely rumination on his experience at a Pete Seeger show with his sweet version of "The Internationalé."

Peter Seeger once asked Billy Bragg to perform that song with him, but Billy thought the lyrics needed an update. Seeger thought that was cool. So here's a version Bragg's musical gift to Seeger as a small token of my love for my comrade Randy <3

Sunday night here on Long Island and we've just under 11 hours left for Season 392, our celebration of Randy's contributions to the Seasons.

What a joy it's been for me to find such great songs posted each day of the past week. We've still time to go and I hope anyone who has a song to sing or comment for Randy will let him- or herself be heard.

Thank you so very much again; I know that you've brought a ton of joy Randy's way. :) Linda

Season 392 is officially over. Thank you all for showing Randy the love! My wrap will be posted tomorrow. Linda :)

Thank you Linda for hosting a great week for Randy. This was well worth jumping back in for. Randy is a dear friend to all of us as are you!

Thank you very much, Linda and Val, for your kind thoughts on our getting together for Randy. This Season has meant a great deal to both him and all of us, I think. :)

Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry - Wrap

Thank you to everyone who participated in this Season's celebration of Randy's presence among us. The long list of participants and the long playlist are a testament to the joy Randy has brought to us via his friendships and music.

Special thanks to those of you who returned for the Season to post vids or leave a comment on the thread. Special thanks to those who have not been members of our group, but chose to participate in collaborations this week. Special thanks to those who wrote original songs, participated in collaborations and/or attempted to "sing the alphabet" in Randy's honor. Whether you brought one song or a dozen songs; whether you engaged in multi-tracking or did one take of a song; whether you played one uke or several instruments, you created an atmosphere of camaraderie that will long be remembered by all of us who shared in it.

Randy very graciously is donating five gifts this Season: copies of the CD file of his new recording. Those recipients are mentioned in the Wrap vid; each contributed a performance that was uniquely a special reflection of our theme. If you see your name there and want the CD, please send me a PM and I will send you the redemption code. I ask that you do this asap. Unclaimed redemption codes will be returned to Randy. As host, I, too, am offering a gift this Season. This one was mailed to its recipient yesterday. Randy, I hope you'll enjoy it.

I celebrate each of you and thank you from the bottom of my heart for joining me in this beautiful tribute to Randy. I have no words to describe how I felt witnessing the talent and emotion you brought to each and every song this week. Our Randy has shared both our laughter and tears, our joy and our sorrow. Randy, thank you so very very much for being here with us. Thank you, all. Aloha and mahalo, Linda

Last edited:
Thanks for the fine theme and wonderful job you did hosting this week Linda! Thanks to Randy for participating and for donating the CD's and congrats to the winners ~

A wonderful season Linda - thank you - and welcome home Randy! We missed you! :)

Such a sweet theme, and you were a fabulous hostess Linda. What a great time it was. Thanks.

Congratulations to the winners. You'll not be disappointed with the CD.
Randy and Linda have brought a fine week of fun!

Excellent week! School caught up with me pretty hard and I missed the finish line, but I had a ton of fun

Top Bottom