[B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

"D" - Dancing With Myself.

"E" - Edelweiss. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for this song for whatever reason. This one's for you Linda. Thanks for a great season and for always being so generous and kind with your comments.

"F" - Forever In Blue Jeans. Because Neil Diamond.

"G" - Girl. Here's a Beatles song for you Randy.

I think that's it for me today!

This joint is jumping! Day 2 of Harry's party has been another fantastic sharing of music, memories and lots of lovin'.

Speaking of loving, I'm going to dish. Along the way, Randy and I discovered something very important. We both grew up with a very special guitar book: The Golden Beatles. The book had the address for the Beatles Fan Club and tons of great songs with the sheet music, lyrics and tab for guitar. Randy, what did we pay for those in the 60s - 5 bucks? It's going for $60 on Etsy these days!!! Not that I'm selling!!!

Here's the one that meant the world to us:

51v5-CuEG9L._SX353_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And, of course, I can't just show you the book. Wouldn't really be a Randy party without Randy bringing some vintage Fab Four:

(And thanks so much for everything today, my friends. I'll be back in the morning, anxious to see what I've missed in the night. ;) )

best season ever
some more sweet lovin for Randy and Lori via Old Man Luedecke
via a couple of woodpeckers

Taking a little break from the fast-paced world of model railroading to bring a few more in tribute to Mr. Randy.
“F”

And “G”

And “H”

And because the Uke was still hot, “I”

All right, back to making the Rockies in miniature ;)

Hello folks. I've not been here for a few years but I'm back now and hoping to contribute regularly!

Here's a quick little song I wrote called "Sit Down Wee" which would have worked in Season 161, novelty songs. Warning: contains toilet humour!

Summer's End

Many people covered this song when Randy posted it...
was it prophetic that one of the lines stated
"Another warm season coming to a close"
Aahh the workings of the subconscious mind :confused:
Chords and words included if you want to give this song
a bash... being a gardener it is a real beauty of a song.

Code:
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']Summer’s End ©2018 Randy McSorley[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit'][G] [Cm] [G] [Am] [D7][/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']When the [G] days are growing [Dm] shorter[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']And the [C] sun is hanging [Cm] low[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']When the [G] birds take flight for warmer [Dm] quarters[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']I [C] watch and so I [Cm] know[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']That an-[G] other warm season’s [Cm] coming to a [G] close [Am] [D7][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']When the [G] moon on the hor-[Dm] izon[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']Shines on [C] fields of orange and [Cm] gold[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']When O- [G] rion’s stars are [Dm] risin’[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']There are [C] tales that should be [Cm] told[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']Of an-[G] other warm season [Cm] coming to a [G] close[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']So [C] many brilliant days be-[G] hind[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']So [Cm] many wondrous times a-[Am] head [D7][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']When the [G] days are growing [Dm] shorter[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']And the [C] sun is hanging [Cm] low[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']When the [G] birds take flight for warmer [Dm] quarters[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']That an-[G] other warm season’s [Cm] coming to a [G] close [Am] [D7][/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']If you [G] think of sunny [Dm] meadows[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']All the [C] joy and all the [Cm] cheer[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']And the [G] sand that’s between your [Dm] toes[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']There is [C] nothing you can [Cm] fear[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']As an-[G] other cold season’s [Cm] going to be [G] here[/FONT][/COLOR]

[COLOR=#333333][FONT='inherit']That an-[G] other warm season’s [Cm] coming to a [G] close
[/FONT][/COLOR]

Last edited:
Can't think of a better reason for a Season. When I first started visiting here, Randy was one of those whose words of praise made me think that maybe strumming three chords at a camera wasn't too bad an idea after all.
Anyway, I think I have contributed to all of his Seasons except the first - 161 Novelty Songs - which was a few months before I started. So here's one for you - hope it tickles a funny bone or two.

Ahoy
My first submission for Randy is a silly love song called "Silly Love" by Daniel Johnston
I recommend the documentary "The Devil and Daniel Johnston to those interested in a story aboutbmusic and madness.
Anyway

Ahoy again
Here is a song that I would have submitted as 'F' in the alphabet season, but I did not know how to play it at the time.

Season 392. Submission 1. "Kansas City" (Written by Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller, 1952)

Ok, so yes, Fats Domino sang this one, but the Beatles did also! This one was part of a medley in 1964 on "Beatles For Sale" in the UK, but was cut when that album became "Beatles '65" in the US release. (I'm oh so sure that Randy already knows this! And I'll bet that he already knows that there never has been a corner of 12th St. and Vine in Kansas City, as the song says. It actually was 18th and Vine. Yep - I'll bet he knows this. ;) But here's some early Beatles for you, Randy.

This one is dedicated to Randy.

Tenor guitar, vocal for me here.

"H" - Hard Year

I'm having a blast with Randy's Alphabet theme. One of the reasons I wanted to take on this challenge is there are a few songs I've been wanting to get out of my system. This is one of them, if not the one. It's just one of those tunes that won't you let you go.

I went to a local bar to hear this guy play a couple of weeks ago and my mind was blown. What an amazing songwriter. I saw him again just the other night at the same bar. This guy has a few albums out, he goes on tour, he's on all the music delivery sites, and he's as talented as anyone out there. And yet there were probably 40 people at the first show and about 25 the other night. Not that the numbers matter (unless you're the president I guess), you just want someone like this to have the success they deserve. I was hanging on every damn line of every one of his songs. That's a kind of magic. Oh, his name's Jeffery Martin by the way. Look him up folks.

Thank you, my friends, for a beautiful Day 3 of our celebration of Randy's presence and music here. Before I leave you tonight, I thought I'd remind you of this beautiful bring of Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind."

And if I remember correctly, Randy once had breakfast with Willie .... not kidding!

Until tomorrow! Linda :)

More "Pickin' on Randy" today from Cloverdale...with some fun facts.
First...it is hot. Really hot. So, here is the first time someone without any inhibition adjusted their undies on a season. Randy Played this for the Seasons...I can't recall which because as I said, it is HOT.

Went to get a beer, tripped, and put the first ding in my Bartitone. 3 years it took. Kinda surprised...but we carry on.
Randy brought a Charlie Pride song to the Seasons...and that is always a rad thing to do, so I figured I had to play it. Brain is so cooked I said "That was G" at the end. It is K. I am dumb.

L is a special treat, a Randy original. Got the resonator out for this fun little number.

And of course this one, which Randy played for my season about dogs, where we raised some money for my friend Echo. Incidentally, the dog we met the other day (who may be too big for our thing...we will see) lives with the man who fostered Echo for a year. She now lives happily in Half Moon Bay California (where it is not hot. did I mention it is HOT?)

That is all for now

Here's a song i could imagine Randy singing...quirky. Wild Man from Borneo by Kinky Friedman.Besides his musical prowess I can recommend Kinky's detective novels.

Good morning, my friends. Well, we're into Day 4 - the halfway mark - of this week's party for Randy. Such a terrific diversity of songs here and all brought with such heartfelt affection for our guest of honor. What joy I've had in listening.

And now for your viewing pleasure: here's my all-time favorite thumbnail for a Season's intro vid. So often Randy has been the Host with the Most. But he saddled up the whole posse for his Cowboy Week and Dodge had never seemed finer. Take a look at these guys - they mean ukulele business! :)

Top Bottom