Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: [B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

Season 392. Submission 1. "Kansas City" (Written by Jerry Lieber and Mike Stoller, 1952)

Ok, so yes, Fats Domino sang this one, but the Beatles did also! This one was part of a medley in 1964 on "Beatles For Sale" in the UK, but was cut when that album became "Beatles '65" in the US release. (I'm oh so sure that Randy already knows this! And I'll bet that he already knows that there never has been a corner of 12th St. and Vine in Kansas City, as the song says. It actually was 18th and Vine. Yep - I'll bet he knows this. But here's some early Beatles for you, Randy.

This one is dedicated to Randy.

Tenor guitar, vocal for me here.

newly penned
    could have been for Randy's ain't season

paoriginal

"H" - Hard Year

I'm having a blast with Randy's Alphabet theme. One of the reasons I wanted to take on this challenge is there are a few songs I've been wanting to get out of my system. This is one of them, if not the one. It's just one of those tunes that won't you let you go.

I went to a local bar to hear this guy play a couple of weeks ago and my mind was blown. What an amazing songwriter. I saw him again just the other night at the same bar. This guy has a few albums out, he goes on tour, he's on all the music delivery sites, and he's as talented as anyone out there. And yet there were probably 40 people at the first show and about 25 the other night. Not that the numbers matter (unless you're the president I guess), you just want someone like this to have the success they deserve. I was hanging on every damn line of every one of his songs. That's a kind of magic. Oh, his name's Jeffery Martin by the way. Look him up folks.

"I" - If Ever I Stray

Thank you, my friends, for a beautiful Day 3 of our celebration of Randy's presence and music here. Before I leave you tonight, I thought I'd remind you of this beautiful bring of Willie Nelson's "Always on My Mind."

And if I remember correctly, Randy once had breakfast with Willie .... not kidding!

Until tomorrow! Linda

More "Pickin' on Randy" today from Cloverdale...with some fun facts.
    First...it is hot. Really hot. So, here is the first time someone without any inhibition adjusted their undies on a season. Randy Played this for the Seasons...I can't recall which because as I said, it is HOT.

Went to get a beer, tripped, and put the first ding in my Bartitone. 3 years it took. Kinda surprised...but we carry on.
    Randy brought a Charlie Pride song to the Seasons...and that is always a rad thing to do, so I figured I had to play it. Brain is so cooked I said "That was G" at the end. It is K. I am dumb.

A musical tribute to one of my Seasons heroes:

My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzx...Pezq1Qh7YLL5Ew

My 'Yazuke' collaborations with bird's eye view of my ukulele: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...21bONWOlsIWLZc

My 'Griffs' collaborations with Mezcalero: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...phaZNPwJIIfBHm

L is a special treat, a Randy original. Got the resonator out for this fun little number.

And of course this one, which Randy played for my season about dogs, where we raised some money for my friend Echo. Incidentally, the dog we met the other day (who may be too big for our thing...we will see) lives with the man who fostered Echo for a year. She now lives happily in Half Moon Bay California (where it is not hot. did I mention it is HOT?)

That is all for now

Here's a song i could imagine Randy singing...quirky. Wild Man from Borneo by Kinky Friedman.Besides his musical prowess I can recommend Kinky's detective novels.

Good morning, my friends. Well, we're into Day 4 - the halfway mark - of this week's party for Randy. Such a terrific diversity of songs here and all brought with such heartfelt affection for our guest of honor. What joy I've had in listening.

And now for your viewing pleasure: here's my all-time favorite thumbnail for a Season's intro vid. So often Randy has been the Host with the Most. But he saddled up the whole posse for his Cowboy Week and Dodge had never seemed finer. Take a look at these guys - they mean ukulele business!

Thread Information