Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: [B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

More from me. Thanks again for hosting Linda. Great fun this week.

"O" - Old Good Friend. This is another song I just had to get out of my system. And another Jeffery Martin tune as well. I love this song. One of those just won't let me go.

"P" - Purple Heather. I called it Purple Sage in the vid. Whatever. This is based on the Van Morrison version of this song.

"Q" - Quite A Feelin'. A song by the guy I saw open for Jeffery Martin! Another wonderful singer/songwriter. Guy's name is Barna Howard.

That's it for me today!

Wishing everyone a wonderful close to our 5th day of Season 392. More visits from old friends and more songs by artists I had yet to discover - how I've enjoyed the party. And I know that Randy has, too. If this were alphabet week, I'd group everyone under "T" for terrific. Thank you so much for being here for Randy this week.

See you in the morning, my friends! Linda

Hello again, Linda! I think this song comes under the category of Randy's "Silly Love Songs" Season ... well, I've always thought it was rather silly, but in this case it is, perhaps, more tragic than anything else. You see, I lost my heart to a "Creative Common" - he was SO creative, but how could he be described as "common"? Those dance moves!!! Alas, he let me down, SO badly ... disappeared without a word! I am heartbroken!

"The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place." George Bernard Shaw

"Just remember, if we get caught ... you're deaf and I don't speak English."

Default Work Out Tango

Paul McCartney when researching songs for Mary Hopkins,
    namely "those were the days my friend" came across an old
    Russian tango called "Work Out" which paised the Soviet workers
    and the strengths of the Workers Unions to resolve industrial
    disputes by peaceful negotiation. He changed the chords from
    minor to major and "Work Out" the tango anthem that extolled
    how to maintain harmony amongst industrial workers was turned
    into a Western love song. True story.
    HyperBob says: Scottish steel and Irish fire, that's the weapon I desire
    My Youtube Ukulele channel
    My Youtube Gardening channel

Really wanted to join this great party and the first song which came to mind when the season was announced was Bill Withers' old hit 'Ain't No Sunshine' because there just ain't no sunshine when you're gone Randy... This is a quick take of my own instrumental solo uke composition played on my very first uke, my old friend the Kala KA-SLNG. Got a little nervous in the end of the video as I had managed to get through most without any major mistakes LOL. This one is straight to video, so no post production. All the best to you the whole Seasons gang.

Ahoy
    Here is one of my favourite songs and, thus, in my opinion, a valid submission for season 244 re. the greatest songs.
    I heard rhis from The Dwftones and it was not until years later that I found out that the song is by Duran Duran.

Collaboration with fellow UU member and friend Jim Hanks! Welcome Jim to the seasons, hopefully we can get him involved more in the future Hope you enjoy this one Randy!

I would hate not to have put something in this week. I had a great time at Whitby for the two days I visited. Sessions and singarounds. In between there were domestic matters to attend to but I now have time to get a song in. Randy likes the Beatles they say, so here's some early Beatles. This is one of their more 'folky' songs. The pictures are ones I did on the iPad and are all based on local scenes.
    Geoff Walker

I have several ukuleles in various sizes and am not planning on getting any more...

at least, not yet.

I also play some blowy things and a squeezy thing

Internet:
    You Tube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/TootlinGeoff
    Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/tootlingeoff

This is probably the end of my run through the alphabet. Thanks for putting up with me Linda.

"R" - Rolling Home.

"S" - Spanish Pipedream.

"T" - Trump's Private Pilot. This is sure to offend some. Not intended.

a homemade silly love song, for silly love songs fan randy

lynda

doth mother know you weareth her drapes?

Thread Information