Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: [B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

Quote Originally Posted by barefootgypsy View Post
    Randy, Randy, Randy! I had to pop in and say hi... I've just watched your lovely video with your big, bright smile and my heart is full, dear friend... I would love to do a video, a Beatles number or George Formby, but I can't sing now and haven't done any videos for over a year... that sounds lame but I think you'll understand. It would be an honour to do a song for you... wish I could. Thanks for the music, the fab videos, the ever-present twinkle in your eye... sending love....Lesley

Lesley, how wonderful of you to stop by Randy's party!!!! Means the world to all of us! Cheers, dear friend! Linda

One thing I've always admirerd about Randy has been his creative use of the greenscreen. His effects on the video editor have always added to the mirth found in his very nature, and feel lucky to have been able to have seen both in my time here at the Seasons. Thank you, Randy.

Blogging about a momentous life change as I switch careers and continents--> Leaving America

This is an old song that was first sung by singing cowboy Gene Autry in the 1939 movie of the same title. But it was also recorded by one of Randy's favorite bands, Riders in the Sky.

Never mind the words, just hum along and keep on going...

YouTube UkeintheHeartofTexas

Once more I have bitten over more than I could chew, and end up posting on a sunday because I spend too much time arranging and trying to learn it.

I would like to learn it well enough to do it live in one take, but since I will not miss the chance to take my har off for Harry. You can't see it, since there is not video, but I not wearing a hat while recording :-).

Randy once had a 1930's theme, and this is from the 1930's.
    Also, I first heard it in the cover by The Asylum Street Spankers, a band that I know Randy also likes.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VjGQ8OakISw
    Last edited by UkingViking; 08-25-2019 at 09:15 AM.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Quote Originally Posted by UkingViking View Post
    Once more I have bitten over more than I could chew, and end up posting on a sunday because I spend too much time arranging and trying to learn it.

I would like to learn it well enough to do it live in one take, but since I will not miss the chance to take my har off for Harry. You can't see it, since there is not video, but I not wearing a hat while recording :-).

Randy once had a 1930's theme, and this is from the 1930's.
    Also, I first heard it in the cover by The Asylum Street Spankers, a band that I know Randy also likes.

http://<a href="https://youtu.be/VjG...jGQ8OakISw</a>

Viking, thanks for bringing along the audio! My Safari browser won't open it though. Can you double check the post on your end. Thanks, Mikkel!

Quote Originally Posted by turtledrum View Post
    Viking, thanks for bringing along the audio! My Safari browser won't open it though. Can you double check the post on your end. Thanks, Mikkel!
    Oh, thanks, I believe the link works now.
    Though it doesnt show the video embedded like it usually does.
    Ohana SK30M mahogany super-soprano, Cort UKEBWCOP Blackwood concert, Anuenue African Mahogany Tenor, Fluke Koa Tenor, Hora M1176 spruce Tenor

Randy posted a lovely rumination on his experience at a Pete Seeger show with his sweet version of "The Internationalé."

Peter Seeger once asked Billy Bragg to perform that song with him, but Billy thought the lyrics needed an update. Seeger thought that was cool. So here's a version Bragg's musical gift to Seeger as a small token of my love for my comrade Randy <3

-Ralf Youtz

My videos are here.

The future is unwritten.

It worked for me Mikkel and seems to embed just fine....
    Last edited by pabrizzer; 08-25-2019 at 11:00 AM.

Sunday night here on Long Island and we've just under 11 hours left for Season 392, our celebration of Randy's contributions to the Seasons.

What a joy it's been for me to find such great songs posted each day of the past week. We've still time to go and I hope anyone who has a song to sing or comment for Randy will let him- or herself be heard.

Thank you so very much again; I know that you've brought a ton of joy Randy's way. Linda

Season 392 is officially over. Thank you all for showing Randy the love! My wrap will be posted tomorrow. Linda

Thread Information