[B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

Abide with me

This could have been for the A for alphabet week, with Mountain Goat chords.

My Hat's off to Harry 122....

Here's to Randy - King of the Seasonistas!

Okay - here’s an original from the Griffs - that’s me and Kevin Griffin (Mezcalero) for those who don’t know.

I wrote this song way back in the early 1990s in a somewhat futile attempt to recover from a broken heart (she was beautiful, funny and obviously way out of my league). I’d always intended to revisit it (the song, not the romance!) at some point, but never expected it to take 30 years! Kevin was up for the job so we gave it a bash. This one took a lot of time and effort (multiple emails and audio files back and forth across the Atlantic Ocean) and I really take my hat off to Kevin for the time, effort and talent he devoted to the project - he has been awesome.

We needed some pics for the video, so I asked my artist brother John (another Griff!) if we could use pics of some of his varied and wonderful work and he kindly agreed. So hopefully this one will be a treat for your eyes and your ears folks!

I'm pretty certain I've never done this many vids for any other season. Sorry Linda. You did say no limits!

"J" - Just In Case. You get two Todd Snider songs in a row! Apparently anyone with the word "daddy" in their profile name must record a Todd Snider tune today! Great minds.

"K" - Kids In America. Don't even bother folks. It's a mess. I play in a group from time to time and we've been trying to add this song to the repertoire. I might just end up playing the tamborine when they pull this one out.

"L" - Let's Go Sunning. Here's another one for Randy. He did this not long ago. Check his version out. Guaranteed smiles!

"M" - Maybelene. I've wanted to do this for a while. I never get tired of this tune.

"N" - Never Ending Song Of Love. This is it for me today. Not sure how much more I have in me for the week. And Linda, you're such a wonderful, generous hostess, but please free to skip over the bulk of what I'm doing here. I feel like I'm holding you hostage.

Well, Day 4 is coming to a close for me and what a day, gang, what a day this has been! Thank you so so much for everything! Promise me you'll be back. If you've got the songs, I've got the time. And Randy? I've heard he's having a good time. ;) Linda

And he's just had a good time ........ lots of Aloha!!!!!

A very quick take while everyone stepped out for a minute. Sometimes the message cant be passed up!

I couldn't miss this one! Hi to everyone but especially to Randy and Linda.

So, back in the alphabet season, I contributed one song, so that means I'm up to "B." Just another 24 of these seasons and I'll complete the set!

Also, just to make Randy happy, I'll make my entry a Paul McCartney song that I've been working on lately.

P.S. To Aspieman - this is what I use my guitalele for :)

P.P.S I apoligise for the incredibly squeaky strings. I changed them a bit over a week ago and I really hope the squeak lessens over time. The old Aquilas were a bit squeaky, but these Pepe Romero strings are just ridiculous.

Last edited:
When I saw the video of Randy doing "My Dog Loves Your Dog" in the Cliff Edwards style, I thought that I would like to do the same, but <TCK> was faster on the draw. No matter, because I have always wanted to learn this song and now I have done just that. Thanks again, Seasons of the Ukulele!

Randy, you've been such a great source of inspiration and fun. This is a great season, Linda.

Here's a song the Mississippi Sheiks recorded in 1930 and many others covered after that. This is kinda sorta based on Doc Watson's version, though Cream and Howlin' Wolf did great ones as well.

Thanks!

So harry plays second fiddle on this one. Had a friend that is in a bad way and needed a pick me and she happens to have purple hair so it was a natural pick...then I realized this right up Harry's alley.

Top Bottom