[B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

turtledrum

Reaction score
Season 392: Hats Off To Harry!

Welcome to Season 392 and a party given for one of our ukulele-lovin’ brothers, Harry122 - or Randy McSorley, as he’s also sometimes known. Not only has Randy contributed songs to Seasons others have hosted and commented on our posts, but he’s also hosted quite a few Seasons himself. Some of you may remember:

Year 4
161 – Novelty Songs
174 – Silly Love Songs
184 – Instrumentals
193 – Halloween
Year 5
210 – For The Kids
226 – It’s About Time
244 – The Greatest Song Ever!
Year 6
269 – Cowboy Songs
280 – Before The Breathin’ Air Is Gone (Songs about Nature)
305 – Holiday Extravaganza!! (December holiday songs)
Year 7
314 – And the Nominations Are … (Songs nominated for
Oscars/”Oscar” songs)
320 – You Ain’t Heard Nothing Yet (Songs with “ain’t in the
title/lyrics)
332 – The Alphabet (Starting with an A song. 26 song limit)
350 – Seasonista Originals (Covering Seasonista original songs)
358 – The 1930s
Year 8
365 – Aloha (Hawaiian songs/songs about Hawaii)

Season 392 will run from (Hawaiian time) 12 a.m. Sunday, August 18th, until midnight Sunday, August 25th.

The Challenge: Join in the party! Let's thank Randy for all he has given to us along the way. What can you bring? Here’s what we need:

Songs Randy has covered for any Season.

Songs Randy has written for any Season.

Songs that you could have submitted for any Season that Randy hosted.
(The sky’s the limit here. Remember that Alphabet Season? ;) )

Songs by artists that Randy loves.
(Hint: Paul McCartney or Willie Nelson songs are among Randy’s
faves. )

Originals (your choice of topic), instrumentals and collaborations are welcome!
(Remember how Randy loved to collab with those other two
wannabes that looked just like him? ;))

***** Please, if there’s something you’d like to bring for Randy that doesn’t exactly fit into one of the above categories – bring it anyway!

It would be greatly appreciated if you could tell about why you’ve chosen songs you’ve chosen.

Parameters –Unlimited entries!

Please only post songs newly recorded this week.

Please listen and comment.

My comments will be placed on the Tube. Thank you! Linda ☺

Reminder: Harmony Smurf’s Season 391 welcomes your good vibes until midnight Sunday (Hawaiian time)!

Link to Randy's website: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmySIPrAVO8hrSGx85Bm-5g

PLAYLIST: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLGoYd7qUIo5YF5uxUVi75x8UKlf-TK_7x

Last edited:
A fantastic tribute to Randy and the Randidos here Linda - what a brilliant idea for a theme. I’m sure we all miss Randy’s wonderful music and consistently cheerful presence here on the Seasons. Hoping this will be just the ticket to tempt him back into the fold! :)

What a lovely idea, Linda!

Lots of scope there, Linda. Hope I can get something in but it's Whitby Folk Week, one of the UK's big folk festivals and only just down the road (figuratively speaking). So I might be elsewhere some of the time!

Now THIS is a party! I happen to know that among Randy's favorites are Beatles tunes.

True Story- I once covered a Beatles song.... (Ive covered so many that I have no idea which one it was now) but, Randy had mentioned it was one of his faves. I said I hadn't appreciated the Beatles way back when and had never had a Bealtes album. Within days I received the Rubber Soul album from Randy. That album became (among others I've received from dear seasonista's) one of my favorite traveling companions.

Randy has one of the biggest hearts Ive ever met. We've become fast friends and this celebration is highly appropriate.
I am 10 days post left hip replacement but I will bring something to the party. I must! How could I not?!

Randy, I love you dear brother!

Great idea Linda. Was just checking and Randy gave me a nice heads up on my very first video just over a year ago. Funnily enough, It was Randy who pointed me to the seasons as I found one of his videos by chance on youtube.... All the best and I will make sure that I bring a little something to the party as well.

inspiring theme with good intentions. I'm in for this one!

Wow!
Look at those seasons that Randy has hosted.
And quite a few at short notice to help keep this place going.
I have lots going on but will certainly bring something along for Harry122!
I'm pretty sure that TCK didn't stick to the 26 song limit during Alphabet Week.....

what a great theme! maybe we can lay a trail of songs to tempt and lead him back to the seasons! i hope so!

Every one of those seasons of Randy's seem liked they happened just a few weeks ago...
Fish Heads? Love Will Go On? Candy? That was last month, right? No? 4 years ago? Whoah.

I'm hoping Randy might come up with a short-list of songs he might want to hear again.
Mr McSorley?

Life has been a little bit hectic for me recently but inspired by Randy I'm working on a little recording project of my own and I'm hoping I can have something to share with you all by Christmas.

Heres one I desperately wanted to play for Randy's Ain't week, but it happened to be the week I moved house so that scuppered the plan. I adore this song.

Might try and see how far through the alphabet I can get. Think I left off at F last time....

Top theme Linda! I've been posting a bit over a year here now.Whenever i see Randy's behatted, bespecticalled noggin on my computer screen i feel the world is a better place.
in his honour I got the band back together today ..well my brother and sister.I'd told Michael to practice this one and as soon as it fitted a theme I'd come around and we'd do it.
So it fits Randy's past theme of songs with "ain't" in the lyrics."
"between the saddle and the ground, ain't such a long way down"
A bit of Aussie pub rock from iconic guitarist Peter Wells. Michael is playing slide in open E, I'm on amped up baritone uke. Vicki on tambourine.Sorry I hogged the screen but i had to get close to pick up the vocal.pity I cut off Michael's left hand...he did some nice licks.

as you say linda, randy loves paul mccartney songs. i'm not super familiar with his solo and wings songs, so i thought i'd check them out this week - and the very first song i found was this tiny gem, which i'm bringing in honour of our host... and of course anyone else with this beautiful name! ;)

"the lovely linda"

Last edited:
Top Bottom