[B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

thank you Linda. such a beautiful week ahead.
a song joo and i played yesterday
for Randy and his wife.

Last edited:
What a fun day it's been for me! Thanks so so much for getting Randy's party off and running.

Before I head off to bed, I thought I'd share one more Randy vid today.

Here he is, Gang!!!!! Here's Randy in his Seasons debut 5 years ago before he won all those hats along the way! :)

And who welcomed him into the Seasons with their comments? Andrew Morse and Ukey Dave ..... two Seasonistas much loved by so many here.

Last edited:
So it dawned on me that if I was really going to trot down the alphabet in the week school starts, that I could mostly do so using songs Randy has recorded...then I noticed that Randy and I have very different vocal capabilities...
Some of these will be laughably bad.
“C”

“D”

I'm not kidding.

Hey Randy - here’s something I’ve noticed in my time on this planet: decent, humble, good people go about being who they are and doing what they do, often with no idea of the positive impact they have on everyone around them. Your music, your obvious enjoyment of what you do, even just your presence here on the Seasons makes me smile and lifts my spirits (and how appropriate that this Season should follow Kelly’s - check it out if you haven’t already). You may not have been aware of it until now, but I’d say the ‘Harry122 effect’ (as it shall henceforth be known) touches us all. Thank you, sir! :)

And, of course, top marks to Linda for giving us all the opportunity to let you know how much we miss you! :)

Fantastic season idea Linda! After seeing the theme, I followed someones posted link to Randy's channel, and watched some of his many videos he's done over the years. His version of George Harrison's "Isn't it a Pity" really moved me, and I decided to learn it and dedicate it to him!

an original song for the season
written and recorded today
for Randy and his wife

Last edited:
Fantastic theme Linda, and although I’m a bit busy busy at the moment, I had to raise my hat to the wonderful Randy in musical form. It’s just as well you like Paul McCartney Mr McSorley, as I do too. It was a choice between My Love, and this one. This one, er, won, because I pretty know it anyway. As I say, I’m pushed for time at the mo so needed something I didn’t need to learn from scratch. I really adore this Beatles’ song. It’s off The Beatles (aka The White Album). It’s one of my favourite ever Paul Beatles songs, and it comes just before another of my all time favourite John Beatles’ songs, Julia. Both such beautiful songs but so, so different. Anyway, here, for you Randy, is I Will. Nearly croaked on the high notes, but it’s a worthy cause :cool:

Last edited:
I'm not kidding.

Good morning!!!!! I couldn't be in better spirits. Now that Randy's in the house, it's officially party time! :) And boy - have I missed these predictions. As Carly Simon once said, "Nobody does it better."

Wishing everyone a fine day and if there's a cloud..... and if it has a tear ..... let that tear be one of joy. Look at these friendships. Look at all this great music. Your voices are home to me. Yep - I predict that it'll be that way in Day 2 of Season 392 also. Linda :)

Hey Randy - here’s something I’ve noticed in my time on this planet: decent, humble, good people go about being who they are and doing what they do, often with no idea of the positive impact they have on everyone around them. Your music, your obvious enjoyment of what you do, even just your presence here on the Seasons makes me smile and lifts my spirits (and how appropriate that this Season should follow Kelly’s - check it out if you haven’t already). You may not have been aware of it until now, but I’d say the ‘Harry122 effect’ (as it shall henceforth be known) touches us all. Thank you, sir! :)

And, of course, top marks to Linda for giving us all the opportunity to let you know how much we miss you! :)

Del, thank you for sharing your thoughts, which so many of us feel, as well. Indeed, Kelly gave us the perfect opportunity to share those songs which have the ability to bring peace and joy and remind us of the power music has to lift us beyond circumstances that may be difficult for us.
I hope that this Season will reinforce the wonderful climate of feeling that he has created for us.

And thank you for your supportive encouragement to me, Del. I'm ever so grateful. And I can't wait to hear what you bring to the party. :)

Hello, Linda ... and Randy! I wasn't around when Randy did his "novelty song" season, so this is a (very) late entry. Actually, I was sure that this is one that Randy would have covered, but having searched back through five years of his splendid videos, I haven't found it ... so please forgive the attached travesty! Thanks for the opportunity to show our appreciation of Randy, Linda ... I do hope that this outpouring of love might encourage him back to the fold!

This is a paoriginal inspired by the theme of one of the many seasons that Randy has hosted - When the Breathin' Air is Gone.
It was on Randy's channel that I saw a video that he had taken of some wild turkeys wandering through the suburb where he lived.
It pleased me to see wild animals going about their business despite the changes that humans had made.
I also recently watched a video of two bull moose having a very vigorous and dangerous battle in the streets of a suburb in Alaska.
Imagine a time when such things can never occur.....

Last edited:
Randy, Words can not express the gratitude I have for you. Your cheerful bright personality has lifted me week after week. You friendship behind the seasons will be cherished beyond measure. Take all the time you have to keep spread that love for life you have. The uke means more to me having had your influence in my life. I have so much to say but Im sure you know my heart. You know how much your presence here has meant so much to all of us. This is my Willie dedication to you!

And PS,
Thank you so much Linda for bringing this season to us all. email coming!

Last edited:
This Alphabet Season that Randy hosted seems legendary. I was absent. Here I am trying to climb that ladder. This is my "B" song, played just for you Randy. The Ballad Of The Devil's Backbone Tavern.

"C", Can I Change My Mind. Wish I had the time to run through this a few more times. I love this song. Figure I'll revisit it again somewhere down the line.

Top Bottom