[B]Season 392 - Hats Off To Harry![/B]

More from me. Thanks again for hosting Linda. Great fun this week.

"O" - Old Good Friend. This is another song I just had to get out of my system. And another Jeffery Martin tune as well. I love this song. One of those just won't let me go.

"P" - Purple Heather. I called it Purple Sage in the vid. Whatever. This is based on the Van Morrison version of this song.

"Q" - Quite A Feelin'. A song by the guy I saw open for Jeffery Martin! Another wonderful singer/songwriter. Guy's name is Barna Howard.

That's it for me today!

Wishing everyone a wonderful close to our 5th day of Season 392. More visits from old friends and more songs by artists I had yet to discover - how I've enjoyed the party. And I know that Randy has, too. If this were alphabet week, I'd group everyone under "T" for terrific. Thank you so much for being here for Randy this week. :)

See you in the morning, my friends! Linda :)

Hello again, Linda! I think this song comes under the category of Randy's "Silly Love Songs" Season ... well, I've always thought it was rather silly, but in this case it is, perhaps, more tragic than anything else. You see, I lost my heart to a "Creative Common" - he was SO creative, but how could he be described as "common"? Those dance moves!!! Alas, he let me down, SO badly ... disappeared without a word! I am heartbroken!

Work Out Tango

Paul McCartney when researching songs for Mary Hopkins,
namely "those were the days my friend" came across an old
Russian tango called "Work Out" which paised the Soviet workers
and the strengths of the Workers Unions to resolve industrial
disputes by peaceful negotiation. He changed the chords from
minor to major and "Work Out" the tango anthem that extolled
how to maintain harmony amongst industrial workers was turned
into a Western love song. True story.

Really wanted to join this great party and the first song which came to mind when the season was announced was Bill Withers' old hit 'Ain't No Sunshine' because there just ain't no sunshine when you're gone Randy... This is a quick take of my own instrumental solo uke composition played on my very first uke, my old friend the Kala KA-SLNG. Got a little nervous in the end of the video as I had managed to get through most without any major mistakes LOL. This one is straight to video, so no post production. All the best to you the whole Seasons gang.

Ahoy
Here is one of my favourite songs and, thus, in my opinion, a valid submission for season 244 re. the greatest songs.
I heard rhis from The Dwftones and it was not until years later that I found out that the song is by Duran Duran.

Collaboration with fellow UU member and friend Jim Hanks! Welcome Jim to the seasons, hopefully we can get him involved more in the future :) Hope you enjoy this one Randy!

I would hate not to have put something in this week. I had a great time at Whitby for the two days I visited. Sessions and singarounds. In between there were domestic matters to attend to but I now have time to get a song in. Randy likes the Beatles they say, so here's some early Beatles. This is one of their more 'folky' songs. The pictures are ones I did on the iPad and are all based on local scenes.

This is probably the end of my run through the alphabet. Thanks for putting up with me Linda.

"R" - Rolling Home.

"S" - Spanish Pipedream.

"T" - Trump's Private Pilot. This is sure to offend some. Not intended.

Welcome to the Season, Jim (Hanks), who plays Irish whistle on Kevin's last post this Season! Jim is a long time UU member and it's wonderful to see his talents brought to our party for Randy this week.

We've had another terrific day of music - originals, instrumentals, collaborations, the alphabet songs, old-timey songs. Every single one of them has been a wonderful gift to the Season.

Thank you so much for the wonderful music. We have until midnight Sunday evening for our celebration - more than 2 full days left to share the sunshine with Randy. I can't wait. Linda :)

Thanks for hosting this week Linda, and for the wonderful theme! I love your attitude, intelligence, supportive and witty comments and of course your fine musical/video contributions to the seasons. I can't thank you enough for the support you've shown me in my relatively short time participating in the Seasons ~

In full agreement with Kev's comments above.I enjoyed going through Randy's youtubes. Here's my version of a Dylan he covered with panache.

Hello folks! I have been working on this song for about a month. Originally was going to be for another season but I ran out of time. I was running out of time this week as well so instead of getting my timing right I did a million edits to the toy piano melody to make it fit the ukulele rhythm. This is probably my most favorite McCartney song. Hope you all enjoy it. The tough parts of the song are a tempo change and using a new to me guitar strum.

If anyone is interested in the intro voice it is from a reversed engineered 80's voice synthesizer on the Commodore 64 computer I found out about this week named SAM.

Last edited:
I really didn't think I was going to make it this week. I have been working (in 34ºC heat) all week on a translation about the History of Barcelona (interesting stuff).
But I woke this morning with the Chorus of this one going around my head at 6am and crept out of bed to write the rest of it. Then when Carmen went out this afternoon I managed to find a moment to record it.

So here is my "Hat on to Harry" ;) - hope you enjoy it and I hope he gets to see it. He's been in Hawaii, I notice.

Thanks for hosting this week Linda, and for the wonderful theme! I love your attitude, intelligence, supportive and witty comments and of course your fine musical/video contributions to the seasons. I can't thank you enough for the support you've shown me in my relatively short time participating in the Seasons ~

Kevin, how kind of you to share your thoughts. I'm very appreciative of what you've contributed to my musical journey, truth be told. The songs you've performed, the collaborations and the thoughtful comments you've left when you've listened have all meant a great deal to me. You've been very very kind and I'm so so appreciative. Thank you! Linda :)

Happy Saturday, Mates! We still have guests arriving at the party and the music they are bringing is finer than fine.

Thank you all and please remember, we've until midnight Sunday night Hawaiian time to share the good vibes with Randy.

Here in the States kids and teachers have turned their attention to the fall semester's beginning. Randy did a fine job on this classic; it's a great listen for anyone who remembers those days. :)

Wishing you a wonderful Saturday! Linda

I've run through every emotion this week from embarrassment to delight. I am humbled and honored, and I have never felt more welcome anywhere than I am right here. Thank you Linda. Thank you all. I really do love every one of you amazing musicians. I am not worthy.

I've been working on this song for a few weeks now. It's something I really want to say to every Seasonista. Mahalo.

Randy, Randy, Randy! I had to pop in and say hi... I've just watched your lovely video with your big, bright smile and my heart is full, dear friend... I would love to do a video, a Beatles number or George Formby, but I can't sing now and haven't done any videos for over a year... that sounds lame but I think you'll understand. It would be an honour to do a song for you... wish I could. Thanks for the music, the fab videos, the ever-present twinkle in your eye... sending love....Lesley

Randy, Randy, Randy! I had to pop in and say hi... I've just watched your lovely video with your big, bright smile and my heart is full, dear friend... I would love to do a video, a Beatles number or George Formby, but I can't sing now and haven't done any videos for over a year... that sounds lame but I think you'll understand. It would be an honour to do a song for you... wish I could. Thanks for the music, the fab videos, the ever-present twinkle in your eye... sending love....Lesley

Just you stopping by is worth a thousand songs to me, Leslie. Thank you so much.

Top Bottom