Sunset Fluke

Jerryc41

Reaction score
I found a concert Fluke on eBay a couple of weeks ago, and I thought a sunset scene would look better than the original plain yellow. I asked a friend who's a painter, and she agreed to paint it for me. I love the way it turned out.

She began with two coats of gesso, then acrylic paint, and then two coats of acrylic varnish.

01-3.jpg

Ditto! Your friend did a beautiful job.

I found a concert Fluke on eBay a couple of weeks ago, and I thought a sunset scene would look better than the original plain yellow. I asked a friend who's a painter, and she agreed to paint it for me. I love the way it turned out.

She began with two coats of gesso, then acrylic paint, and then two coats of acrylic varnish.

View attachment 120619

It's gorgeous, but after 2 coats of gesso, and 4 coats of acrylic, what's it sound like compared to before? Or was it made as a wall hanger?

It's gorgeous, but after 2 coats of gesso, and 4 coats of acrylic, what's it sound like compared to before? Or was it made as a wall hanger?

I'll let you know when I put the strings back on. The thin coats of paint aren't nearly as thick as the wood, so I don't foresee a problem. I'm not using this for professional performances. :D

Excellent painting. Looks really good. I’m impressed. Let us know how the sound is when you re string it!

Excellent painting. Looks really good. I’m impressed. Let us know how the sound is when you re string it!

As I was restringing it, I noticed that the strings were wearing at the frets. I guess these strings got a lot of use before I bought it. I ordered several sets of new strings, and I'll let you know how it sounds when I put them on.

Top Bottom