Springback

eclipsme

Reaction score
How do you deal with springback when using a side bender? Thanks for the tips!

A bit of spring back shouldn't be an issue. If you get so much that you can't load your molds something else is wrong with your procedures.

A bit of spring back shouldn't be an issue. If you get so much that you can't load your molds something else is wrong with your procedures.

Right. I would agree, but I think others might be a bit more perfectionist about this. Thanks for the comment!

Right. I would agree, but I think others might be a bit more perfectionist about this. Thanks for the comment!

If you can finesse the loading of the mold you don't have to finesse the bending. Same results, less fussing. Spend your time where it matters.

If you can finesse the loading of the mold you don't have to finesse the bending. Same results, less fussing. Spend your time where it matters.

This what I thought, and have been doing as well. Then I started thinking about things like glue creep (Tightbond 1 and 2) and began wondering how much finessing can be done before endangering the joint. I think a fair bit, based on experience elsewhere, but wishing to build light, I find I am also wishing to get reasonably close to minimize the stresses. I guess it come down to whatever you are comfortable with.

Great to hear other's takes on this. Sorry some feel all has been already covered. I guess they could always just pass the thread if that is how they feel... Peace.

Top Bottom