FS: Martin T1k tenor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ukecaster

Reaction score
Got this Martin T1k here a few months ago from ukeinfused. Got it to be my reentrant tenor, but am finding that I like low-G on tenors better, and already have another tenor for that. Nice grain, with a loud, woody koa tone. Gotoh UPTLs installed, looks cool, they work great too. Top holes from old Grover tuners filled with matching Minwax pencil, the bottom holes are partially covered by the UPTL housing, not easily visible. Plays great, action 2.5 mm at 12th fret. Strap pins installed at bottom and at side of heel. New Aquila Nylguts installed, they really do sound great on koa tenors, IMHO. No scratches or dings that I can see on the uke, real nice shape. although the front hex nuts on the tuners have a bit of wrench wear if you look close. A great sounding and looking Martin koa tenor, all with no tuner ears sticking out the sides of the headstock, an $80.00 upgrade. Case shown not included, the original light blue Martin gigbag will be included.

10.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
11.jpg
12.jpg

Last edited:
Confirming this is a great uke. Wood has tons of subtle flame and better than average for a T1K. Sounds open and wonderful.
It's been moved around more than it deserves.
(It's just so inexpensive to start with that it becomes "second tenor" to those of us with expensive taste, LOL.)

John, you should link one of your wonderful videos playing this one here.

Are you going to buy my Koaloha?? It's waiting for a player like you!

Confirming this is a great uke. Wood has tons of subtle flame and better than average for a T1K. Sounds open and wonderful.
It's been moved around more than it deserves.
(It's just so inexpensive to start with that it becomes "second tenor" to those of us with expensive taste, LOL.)

John, you should link one of your wonderful videos playing this one here.

Are you going to buy my Koaloha?? It's waiting for a player like you!

Wish I could right now, sadly not! Thx for commenting on your former T1K!

Very nice. And it has the rosewood fretboard. Not that awful pale sipo that the new ones have. T1K is the most-played favorite in my collection.

Surprised nobody has jumped on this great instrument and great price. Nice upgrades, good luck with the sale.

PRICE DROP! Wow, things are slow here! Price drop to $399.00 + 20.00 shipping in CONUS! Paypal pease.

PRICE DROP! Wow, things are slow here! Price drop to $399.00 + 20.00 shipping in CONUS! Paypal pease.

Selling can be frustrating. What you need is someone who wants what you are selling. I've had ukes on multiple sites for months, and then they both sold the same day. If I didn't have a Martin tenor, I would have bought this. Be careful with price reductions. People will be expecting more of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom