Thread: End Graft Install - Video

Default End Graft Install - Video

I get asked often how I manage to inlay the tapered shape of my end grafts so cleanly. It's pretty quick and easy with the set up I've built to fit my particular shape. Though dialing in everything did take some trial and error. It's amazing how much a difference 0.01mm will make to the fit when you have a curve to the side of the inlay instead of just a straight taper.

It doesn't matter how deep the instrument is at the butt. It works from everything from a soprano to a baritone.

The End Graft is cut on the laser, as was the perspex template that is used in the jig.

Last edited by Allen; 08-21-2019 at 11:34 AM.

There is a bit of Deja Vou editing in the middle of this Video Allen..At 3.41
    http://ukulele-innovation.tripod.com ebay i/d squarepeg_3000 Email timmsken@hotmail.com

If you can believe that moving images and sound, can fly through empty space across the universe and be seen and heard on a box in your living room ?.. then you can believe in anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Timbuck View Post
    There is a bit of Deja Vou editing in the middle of this Video Allen..At 3.41
    Thanks for letting me now Ken. That's what happens when you get one of those annoying tellemarketing phone calls when you're concentrating. I've reposted the video.

Allen, thanks for putting this up. What I am curious about is the fixture. I built a clunky wooden fixture but I really like the one you are using. Did you make that? I have a new/old milling machine I just put in my shop and a fixture like that could be my first victim.
    My Real name is Terry Harris

Yeh, I made it after seeing a very nice commercial built one for guitars. As most things for ukes, to work right they need to be a fair bit smaller to function correctly.

Thread Information